Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Haven't decided which I'll buy yet (have the option of either) but Saturday I picked up a Tek 465 (w/ spare parts scope) and the previously mentioned 7633. Got both working last night and was able to check them with their respective calibration signals.

:prettyprincess: Scopes are fun.

Haven't decided which I'll buy yet (have the option of either) but Saturday I picked up a Tek 465 (w/ spare parts scope) and the previously mentioned 7633. Got both working last night and was able to check them with their respective calibration signals.

I have absolutely no idea what that is or what that means. ???

I bought lunch. It was tasty.

I have absolutely no idea what that is or what that means. ???

I bought lunch. It was tasty.

It's kind of like me reading your gun posts. I go, "oh, it shoots bullets" but that's about all I get out of it. What I bought was diagnostic tools used for trouble shooting amplifiers and other electronic circuits. Pretty boring unless you're a nerd. :)

It's kind of like me reading your gun posts. I go, "oh, it shoots bullets" but that's about all I get out of it. What I bought was diagnostic tools used for trouble shooting amplifiers and other electronic circuits. Pretty boring unless you're a nerd. :)

Ah. I may have no idea what a Tek 465 w/ spare parts scope means, but I certainly glad that nerds like you do. :prettyprincess:

I will probably never get to use:(

Why?

You know more than I do then, I wasn't even aware that her guns shot bullets. :)

I have a totally ridiculous prejudism against guns. It's got nothing to do with any moral issue whatsoever, and I'd never ask anyone to give up their firearms. I don't mind others having guns at all, but when I was 11 years old I wanted a bike for Christmas. My Dad wanted to get me a rifle just like he bought both of my older Brothers rifles for their 11th year Christmas presents. Nevermind that I was quite vocal about the fact that I didn't give a rats ass about ever owning a gun. My Mom did her best to try and persuade him to buy me the bike I wanted, but his machismo won out and I got a fucking rifle, and still had to walk wherever I went.

I refused to ever fire that rifle. And 30 years later I gave it to my nephew, still unfired (is unfired a word?).

Wow, I feel better now! Thanks for letting me rant.

Edited by swt61

The Army finds the need to spend taxpayer's money and move units around every three years in between deployments. And I am currently in one of those units scheduled to move in three months :mad:

Do you know where you are going yet? I'm an Air Force brat. We had two unusual postings. We were at Mountain Home AFB (ID) for 8 years and at Davis Monthan AFB (Tucson, AZ) for 4 years. Of course, we had some short stays too like 1 year at Walker AFB (Roswell, NM) and 2 years at Andersen AFB (Guam). I moved a lot as a young adult but have lived here in Santa Barbara sinc 1988.

Hmm, I'm actively buying audio stuff again...ugh/yay?

Bought some Vishay 1/4 Watt metal film resistors from Mouser last night, for changing the gain on a freshly arrived Gilmore Reference.

Waiting on Audiogon sellers to maybe buy AQ Diamondback cables (they seem very well built and I really like how they look, it's good enough for me :)) and an older Musical Surroundings Phonomena MC phono stage (for cheap-ish $175, and I like all the loading options).

I like those a lot. The welded connection makes a lot of sense to me, and my pair sounded truly excellent. They're my TOTL.

I've come to a similar conclusion. I don't buy into the expensive cables thing anymore, but would like stuff that looks nice with a solid build and reasonable design. The Diamondback looks great and makes sense, no wacky tweaky stuff, nice connectors, and reasonable prices on the used market. I've been tempted by the King Cobra once or twice but honestly I like the blue cover on the Diamondback :)

I've already got a pair here and I'd be very happy with a few sets to hook up my major components. Can't wait to get rid of my old HGA silver laces, those are absolute rubbish in build quality (they're not even the DIY kind), been an eyesore and a headache with those horrible locking jacks that don't even make a connection on some gear.

...and an older Musical Surroundings Phonomena MC phono stage (for cheap-ish $175, and I like all the loading options).

Well, nevermind on this. No reply email, the "JB Audio Pimp" just updates the ad for double the price - now it's listed at $350/$600, nice :rolleyes:

I knew the original $175/300 was low on the MSRP side, but figured the $175 was a good deal considering it's old (2000-ish) and there's a newer version out. For 350 I'd want the newer one.

The Army finds the need to spend taxpayer's money and move units around every three years in between deployments. And I am currently in one of those units scheduled to move in three months :mad:

Hope you get to go somewhere nice.

Do you know where you are going yet? I'm an Air Force brat. We had two unusual postings. We were at Mountain Home AFB (ID) for 8 years and at Davis Monthan AFB (Tucson, AZ) for 4 years. Of course, we had some short stays too like 1 year at Walker AFB (Roswell, NM) and 2 years at Andersen AFB (Guam). I moved a lot as a young adult but have lived here in Santa Barbara sinc 1988.

I wasn't aware that you lived in Santa Barbara. That's a gorgeous town! I spent a week at the Montecito Inn in about '93, and I fell in love with SB.

I wasn't aware that you lived in Santa Barbara. That's a gorgeous town! I spent a week at the Montecito Inn in about '93, and I fell in love with SB.

It's only been my "location" for 2.5 years. ;)

Yes, it's really nice here. Of course, you have a place to stay if you ever visit SB again.

Hope you get to go somewhere nice.

Ft Riely Kansas. It would be nice if I liked flat land and tornadoes. I don't. I am hoping that a friend can find something for me here.

Some hifi2000 goodness... 1 to case morphsci's sigma22 build for his AA HPA 1.0, maybe another for... :cool:

Hmm, I'm actively buying audio stuff again...ugh/yay?

Bought some Vishay 1/4 Watt metal film resistors from Mouser last night, for changing the gain on a freshly arrived Gilmore Reference.

Waiting on Audiogon sellers to maybe buy AQ Diamondback cables (they seem very well built and I really like how they look, it's good enough for me :)) and an older Musical Surroundings Phonomena MC phono stage (for cheap-ish $175, and I like all the loading options).

I still use some AQ Turquoise cables that I've had for years, as well as a couple of pairs of AQ Ruby that I bought awhile ago (when I was still in a cable phase thing :palm:). I also have some long (25') AQ Indigo Blue (IIRC) speaker cables that I should sell...

Edited by Pars