Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Nikon D90 (body only)

Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II AF-S DX Lens

8GB SD card (30MB/s)

B+W UV filter

I will probably get the SB-600 flash at some point. Just trying to give my bank account a little bit of relief after the holidays.

Also, need to get a bag. I have an old camera bag that will probably work for now but think I would like a toploader. Thinking about the Lowepro Toploader Pro 70 AW (I think the 65 is perhaps too small) or the Lowepro Topload Zoom 2.

nikon-d90-with-movie-mode.jpg

2192_AF-S-DX-NIKKOR-18-200mm-f-3.5-5.6G-ED-VR-II_front.jpg

Nice Shelly, I have the VR I version of that lens and it hasn't come off my camera for over a year. And do pickup the 600 if budget permits, the on-board flash will do in a pinch but really an external just opens up a world of better image creation. Get a cheap diffuser while you're at it for those times when you just can't bounce the flash.

Congrats! The only thing holding me back from a purchase is my desire for the Canon 7D which is more than I wanted to spend.

I think I may pick up a Crumpler Keystone a guy is selling on the Canon Forums. I already have a Crumpler 6 million but wanted a backpack version as well.

Love that Crumpler 6 million bag. It's one of those pieces that ended the further search for upgrades, for me.

I use mine with a D90, an SB-600, an 18-200, and an 11-16 Tokina, along with some odds and ends. Never looks ridiculous and camerabaggy, which is important to me.

Love that Crumpler 6 million bag. It's one of those pieces that ended the further search for upgrades, for me.

I use mine with a D90, an SB-600, an 18-200, and an 11-16 Tokina, along with some odds and ends. Never looks ridiculous and camerabaggy, which is important to me.

It's a great bag and you are right, looks like a bag, not a camera bag. I pulled the trigger on the Keystone. I like the idea of a backpack to carry my gear. It also has room for my macbook which made the decision for me. Not sure if I will need to keep the 6 Mil. I will wait for the Keystone to arrive before deciding.

I was wrong a post earlier, the 50D does not do video, which leaves the 7D.

Edited by tyrion

Mike: The Canon 7D looks like a super sweet camera.

I better spend some time before choosing a bag.

Thanks Nate for the advice about the diffuser.

+1 on the flash and diffuser - my SB-600 and a sto-fen diffuser (I spent the $20, but a card or a properly crafted piece of plastic can work) give me amazing indoor flash shots.

Also, if you're going to be using the bag on the go, consider the Lowepro Slingshot series - I picked up the larger one for my D300 and love it. It doubles as a backpack and a top-loader.

Also - my recent buy: Portapros. Amazing for $40.

Picked up the bottle of 2009 Thomas Handy Sazerac Rye I bought a couple weeks ago, then went to another shop that was supposed to have the 2008. Turned out their website wasn't updated and it was also the 2009. While there, however, I discovered a hell of a whisk(e)y collection so I bought a bottle of Van Winkle Lot "B" and a Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye. They had the 10 - 20 - 23 Pappy Van Winkle collection as well, and I was damn tempted. When checking out, the owner said it will be gone fast so I will probably break down and go get them. :palm: Lots of other good stuff as well... :palm: :palm: :palm: