Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Pick them up later and stay for The Word. :) See you later.

we are officially homesick and ready to sleep in our own bed tomorrow. :) totally pumped for the show tonight though. will probably go in when the doors open, I like avoiding the crowd and watching the venue fill up.

Good luck with the sale. Is this for a TPR-3C?

The model # is CA17303D, it's sold under many different brand names. The auction clearly said "Free shipping in the lower 48" but the invoice I received had shipping on it. So I've contacted the seller, we'll see what they say. The shipping is pretty reasonable and the winning bid was pretty good so it may be a case where I pay it even though I technically shouldn't have to.

200909280830226338.jpg

4 Spiegelau bordeaux glasses. they were marked, at my local place, as "gently used wine festival glasses." marked at $2.99 each. they apparently haven't been selling well (they have been on display for a while, and barely any have been sold), so i think tomorrow i'm going to take a nice padded box with me and buy a few more. they look completely brand new.

Nice catch!

Very nice, Asr! What are you thinking of starting with?

I've been teetering between the Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 or the Nikon 16-85 f/3.5-5.6 to replace my current Tamron 17-55 f/2.8 but have been unable to decide. I might have to get both. (The Tamron is a decent lens but it's too slow and I also want to upgrade.)

Hmm, I looked on Nikon's website and couldn't find a refurb store. Have a link?

Mike was right, I bought my D300s from Adorama.com.

Some of the last remaining Living Stereo SACDs I dont have

cool, did you stumble across them at decent prices? I'm sorta planning to buy a bunch of the Living Stereo re-releases and plotting a way to save to money on them. I know there is the Borders discounts to concider, and the larger audiophile retailers don't seem to have as deep of discounts..

Some of the last remaining Living Stereo SACDs I dont have, some Esoteric SACDs and some Wagner SACDs. My 2010 New Years Resolution is to branch out into classical a bit more. Just some of the more prominent audiophile choices for now.
Did you find the Esoterics at decent prices, or did you just buy them?

The Living Stereos I just bought at Amazon. My boss gave me a $30 amazon gift card w/ her christmas card, so I bought about $60 worth for $30.

The Esoterics and Wagner I bought at Elusive Disc. They have a 10% off sale that expires on the 4th. It was actually supposed to expire on December 31st but apparently they extended it. I saved like $80 on the wagner that way:D

The Living Stereo stuff, for the most part is still affordable, but I saw a thread on SH forums that mentioned they are going OOP, so that is about to change. There are one or two titles that, on amazon, are only available used, and they are pricey. They are opera titles afaik.

The Living Stereos I just bought at Amazon. My boss gave me a $30 amazon gift card w/ her christmas card, so I bought about $60 worth for $30.

The Esoterics and Wagner I bought at Elusive Disc. They have a 10% off sale that expires on the 4th. It was actually supposed to expire on December 31st but apparently they extended it. I saved like $80 on the wagner that way:D

The Living Stereo stuff, for the most part is still affordable, but I saw a thread on SH forums that mentioned they are going OOP, so that is about to change. There are one or two titles that, on amazon, are only available used, and they are pricey. They are opera titles afaik.

Chris I posted this in the deals thread a while ago- the Esoteric SACDs are cheaper on hmv.co.jp

I believe people were saying closer to $40 each, and HMV Japan's shipping is pretty reasonable.

Anyway being a DA/AD nerd I think it's pretty cool that Esoteric designed (or modified one of their existing DACs) to serve as an ADC :)

cool, did you stumble across them at decent prices? I'm sorta planning to buy a bunch of the Living Stereo re-releases and plotting a way to save to money on them. I know there is the Borders discounts to concider, and the larger audiophile retailers don't seem to have as deep of discounts..

They were always under $10 at amazon. Don't know now that SH made a thread about them...

This guy has a complete list of all 56 discs: Amazon.com: Lists by D. B. Wiseman "23"

I wish I could find the Mercury Living Presence discs for cheap :(

Edited by deepak

Sometimes deepdiscount.com has some of the Living Stereo ones for a tad cheaper than amazon does. They're usually backordered, but if you don't mind waiting they do also have free shipping with no minimum unlike amazon. I've bought a couple from there, but you have to match the serials to make sure. They did send me one incorrect CD though. I got an Avril Lavigne CD instead, but they did say they'll send me the right CD soon. :D

I've been teetering between the Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 or the Nikon 16-85 f/3.5-5.6 to replace my current Tamron 17-55 f/2.8 but have been unable to decide. I might have to get both. (The Tamron is a decent lens but it's too slow and I also want to upgrade.)

Asr,

I have the 17-55 f/2.8 - it is an amazing lens, and built like a tank. When you say the Tammy is too slow, I assume you mean wrt focus speed? I can tell you that I'm very pleased with the AF-S focussing of the Nikon 2.8.

I remember playing around with the 16-85 for 20 minutes or so at a camera store last year. From what I recall, I remember it also being built like a (albeit smaller) tank, taking sharp images with good colour. While the VR is nice, I opted for a used 17-55 because of the 2.8.

In retrospect, the 16-85 would probably have been the better choice for most of the event photography that I use my 17-55 for, since I sometimes wish my 17-55 went a little further on the tele end, and the VR more than compensates for the 1-2 stop benefit of the f/2.8.

Either way, two very nice lenses! Tough decision...

Sameer