Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

The Lamy Safari writes very nice and IMO looks very sharp. I have had one in anodized aluminum since 1998, enjoy your new toy.

Thanks!

That Lamy Safari looks very nice. Even the nib is black, huh? I might have to give that a try. I have a couple of friends who are into fountain pens, and've never understood the attraction, but have been curious enough to give it a try. I might just have to follow suit.

The color is called charcoal. The "black" one has a silver nib, so look out for that.

Jin, great pen. I have a couple of Lamys in the collection and I think they write better than several other more expensive pens I own.

Thanks Jeff!

the Safari is an awesome pen. what kind of ink are you using?

if you are ever looking to step it up and spend a little more, consider the Pelikan M200. it's my favorite "budget" FP. runs around $60 IIRC.

Posty, the Safari uses a cartridge but I haven't ordered the cartridge converter yet. I wanted to see if I like the feel of the pen first. My dad has a bunch of Mont Blanc ink if I decide to get the converter.

And I read a lot of reviews on the Pelikan M200 while looking at the Safari. It might be the next step!

- District 9 and Blade Runner: The Final Cut (2-Disc SE) on DVD

- Crucial 8GB USB flash memory drive

- Sony Sound Forge Pro 10 at a nice temporary holiday discount ($225 off MSRP)

- ....and a Nikon D300s camera body at a very nice price, though Nikon-refurbed ($270 off MSRP)

Now to get a new lens.... :D

post-903-1295115581676_thumb.jpg

I hear the SQ is a bit splashy.

A lot less splashy when you get it from your dad in law for 50% off. :) I should have this baby doing it's job on Saturday. After 17 years, it was time for a change.

More soil, mulch and plants.

Hmm, I looked on Nikon's website and couldn't find a refurb store. Have a link?

Adorama sells the D300 and D300S refurbs

Edited by tyrion