Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Interesting. Assuming you can flip it near the demo price you paid, you're well to the good on the phono front then. You're also making me want to look for an LP 5.3.

I know it always comes down to personal preference in the end, but can you characterize the differences between the two?

Interesting. Assuming you can flip it near the demo price you paid, you're well to the good on the phono front then. You're also making me want to look for an LP 5.3.

I know it always comes down to personal preference in the end, but can you characterize the differences between the two?

The biggest differences are the Sim is slightly warmer and a slightly more forward midrange. (although I would not call it warm), The ASR hits all the audiophile areas, neutral, speed, detail, quiet, soundstage, and the most inner detail I have heard in this(probably any) system. Plus great dynamics. The sim is close to equal on all these but adds weight and texure to everything and sounds more real to me. I'ver compared this Sim combo now to a bunch of very well reviewed phonostages, with the outboard power supply, its IMO been better than every thing I have heard here but the Steelhead. (Which is what will be my next purchase).

I guess the fact that I dont really notice it as doing anything special makes me think I can do better. So far I have not been able to. I took it to a friends without the PSU and compared it to the Audio Research PH7 and he sold that and bought the Sim also.

BOK800922-PO.jpg

Nice poster for the office.

EDIT: Looks like they took the picture off their website after I bought it. It was an Iggy Pop poster from a 1980 Detroit show.

Cool poster Vicki! My wife's dad took her to see Iggy and David Bowie for her first concert when she was pretty young. Seems cool, but I'm sure he just didn't have babysitting available and wanted to go himself. He also took her to see A Clockwork Orange when she was 12 or so. Still, a cool first concert.

Cool poster Vicki! My wife's dad took her to see Iggy and David Bowie for her first concert when she was pretty young. Seems cool, but I'm sure he just didn't have babysitting available and wanted to go himself. He also took her to see A Clockwork Orange when she was 12 or so. Still, a cool first concert.

Cool dad. I didn't see Bowie until the early '80s in Detroit. Didn't see Iggy perform until the late '80s or early '90s in NY. He lived on my block in Manhattan, though, and even if not the same as watching him on stage, he looked exactly as you would think he did just walking down the street.

The poster pic didn't show up on my work computer. Thought the pic was pulled. Glad it was just my computer.

250 GB portable hard drive (WD My Passport Essential). Getting ready to install Windows 7 and didn't feel like going the the multi-DVD route for backup. One of my games has a 9 GB folder, which only added to the complexity.

No experience with mass storage of this type; just ran to BestBuy and picked up the cheapest thing they had.

Plastic fantastic! Nifty fifty!

I have the Nikon equivalent which is extremely similar, but has a metal lens mount. Incredible bang for the buck :)

Just came in today! I can take photos inside without flash! f/1.8 is awesome, especially for so cheap. But yes, the nifty fifty has a pretty plasticky build quality.

Happy days!

I just received delivery of a mixed case of Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc from Peter Michael, A Petite Syrah from Turley Vineyards, case of Pinot from W.H. Smith and three bottles of Colgin IX. I just ordered three more bottles of Colgin's Cariad. There will be some good wine drinkin' come 2013.

Very nice! A function generator is probably the next major test equipment purchase for me, but I am not really sure what to look for or from where.

meh, part of it works (TTL output, sweep, and counter) part of it doesn't (main output and DC offset). bah. On TTL output, the performance is nice. Time to contact the seller and start negotiations.

10-29-2009%20044.jpg

10-29-2009%20043.jpg