Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Sylvania 7236 power tubes for WA22

Ayre QB-9

and these movies on DVD (both out today): Pixar's Up [Deluxe Edition], Watchmen: Ultimate Cut

Asr, I would appreciate your opinion on the WA22 specially w/ the 7236. It would be great if you use it to drive a K1000. Thanks.

Asr, I would appreciate your opinion on the WA22 specially w/ the 7236. It would be great if you use it to drive a K1000. Thanks.

The final WA22 at RMAF (Asr's) was better with K1000 than the prototype that I borrowed with the Sylvania 7236 in it during the summer. The prototype had enough volume with K1000 but not enough control over the drivers (like my Sq Wave XL). So, I would be curious to know what tubes Jack had in Asr's WA22 while it was on display at RMAF, because it seemed to drive my K1000 as well as wiatrob's EHHA (18 watts) and much better than the prototype.

I will most likely write something about the WA22 over at Head-Fi at some point but right now can't offer anything about it as I've barely listened to it. And I don't own a K1000 but I do know a couple people not too far away from me who do. ;)

The final WA22 at RMAF (Asr's) was better with K1000 than the prototype that I borrowed with the Sylvania 7236 in it during the summer. The prototype had enough volume with K1000 but not enough control over the drivers (like my Sq Wave XL). So, I would be curious to know what tubes Jack had in Asr's WA22 while it was on display at RMAF, because it seemed to drive my K1000 as well as wiatrob's EHHA (18 watts) and much better than the prototype.

The demo WA22 at RMAF had the 7236. Jack informed me that some final changes were made to the amp between the prototype and the time of RMAF, one of which was easily noticeable - the amp was physically bigger (height was increased by a small amount).

I will most likely write something about the WA22 over at Head-Fi at some point but right now can't offer anything about it as I've barely listened to it. And I don't own a K1000 but I do know a couple people not too far away from me who do. ;)

The demo WA22 at RMAF had the 7236. Jack informed me that some final changes were made to the amp between the prototype and the time of RMAF, one of which was easily noticeable - the amp was physically bigger (height was increased by a small amount).

The height was increased so that they wouldn't have to cut holes in the bottom to make room for the inductors (prototype was in a GES case), and the 12AU7 were changed to 6SN7 tubes, but I don't know about the rest of the changes.

I could likely meet you to let you try the K1000 at some point, or Sherwood might be interested since he is closer. I'd bring the SAC KH1000 amp for comparison.