Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Got my Blackrapid Sport-2 camera strap today. It is awesome - wish I could walk so I could take some pictures. The only thing that is annoying is not being able to use the RRS L-plate and tripod with having to unscrew the FastenR-3 every time. I guess there is the RRS quick release clamp option but that doesn't seem very secure. Anyone use the strap with the a quick release clamp?

Edit: Just saw the Blackrapid FR-T1 fastener for tripods. Has anyone tried this?

http://www.blackrapi...hardware/fr-t1/

Edit #2: NM, seems like the FR-T1 won't work. :(

Colin - you need this strap, a macro, and a tripod. Get on it.

Edited by shellylh

Got my Blackrapid Sport-2 camera strap today. It is awesome - wish I could walk so I could take some pictures. The only thing that is annoying is not being able to use the RRS L-plate and tripod with having to unscrew the FastenR-3 every time. I guess there is the RRS quick release clamp option but that doesn't seem very secure. Anyone use the strap with the a quick release clamp?

Edit: Just saw the Blackrapid FR-T1 fastener for tripods. Has anyone tried this?

http://www.blackrapi...hardware/fr-t1/

Edit #2: NM, seems like the FR-T1 won't work. sad.png

Black Rapid is working on a RRS piece that works with the $60 RRS quick release mount. I have been using the quick release with no issues for a month now.

Volcano to go with my Arête.

Really like the Arête so far ... very clean, detailed, great mids, but could be a bit more dynamic and could use a bit more bass. I'll wonder what the Volcano would do until I get it. Plus, I sold off a bunch of stuff!

Todd laughed ... 'Already?! That was fast!' He really is a good guy to work with. Makes you feel good about buying from him.

Edited by jvlgato

Phot

With the photocromatic lenses? If so let inquiring minds know how they work out.

I wish--just black iridium. I need to change the Livestrong to red iridium, because the black can be sketchy cycling with debris and potholes when coming out of tree shadows.

The Tifosi work really well and respond pretty quickly. I've never had much of an issue but I don't ride in conditions that dangerous often. The Oakley stuff is probably a bit faster but I can buy like 5 pairs for the same price. I can't see any CA or other optical issues with them at all and they hold on to my face well even when I'm wearing winter hat under my helmet.

Years of being a sailor (where how good your optics are doesn't matter because they are getting salt on them) has made me agnostic to high end glasses for sports.

That said I want Oakley Jawbones with the photochromatic lens.... Will not be getting them as I rather get a new helmet or something.

The Tifosi work really well and respond pretty quickly. I've never had much of an issue but I don't ride in conditions that dangerous often. The Oakley stuff is probably a bit faster but I can buy like 5 pairs for the same price. I can't see any CA or other optical issues with them at all and they hold on to my face well even when I'm wearing winter hat under my helmet.

Years of being a sailor (where how good your optics are doesn't matter because they are getting salt on them) has made me agnostic to high end glasses for sports.

That said I want Oakley Jawbones with the photochromatic lens.... Will not be getting them as I rather get a new helmet or something.

I like my Tifosi's as well, try checking out the Rudi brand if you can. I haven't had a situation where the light changes quickly at speed, mostly wide open hills with off-camber turns but the Rudis seem to handle varying light conditions well.

How do I know I need that strap without a proper Shelly review? I bought a tripod, unipod, and smaller bag for it today. Which macro? I definitely want one.

img1582hk.jpg

I need to clean my mirror.