Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Done!

convince me not to buy the Lumix LX5 instead of the S95 (or the S100). i figure since I'm actually replacing an older DSLR with this, the LX5 may be more useful. For ultra pocketability, when I upgrade from the RAZR to the iphone 5 i am sure that will more than meet my internet update photo needs.

The Tifosi work really well and respond pretty quickly. I've never had much of an issue but I don't ride in conditions that dangerous often. The Oakley stuff is probably a bit faster but I can buy like 5 pairs for the same price. I can't see any CA or other optical issues with them at all and they hold on to my face well even when I'm wearing winter hat under my helmet.

Years of being a sailor (where how good your optics are doesn't matter because they are getting salt on them) has made me agnostic to high end glasses for sports.

That said I want Oakley Jawbones with the photochromatic lens.... Will not be getting them as I rather get a new helmet or something.

Sailing? Same here, with Kenwood Cups and Big Boat Series in the past. In the end it was Melges 24s and I14s. I'm down now with injuries. Never used shades even in the hawaiian sun, because the salt and water drives me crazy. Of course 3 days into a sail up to America brought on the splitting headache from hell, so shades for the rest of the passage.

I have the Rudy Horus which has bendable nose and ear pieces. Very adjustable, not stylish, but good lenses.

The Livestrong Radar Path cost $190, but you know what Billy Cyrstal says in Fernando's Hideaway.

Sailing? Same here, with Kenwood Cups and Big Boat Series in the past. In the end it was Melges 24s and I14s. I'm down now with injuries. Never used shades even in the hawaiian sun, because the salt and water drives me crazy. Of course 3 days into a sail up to America brought on the splitting headache from hell, so shades for the rest of the passage.

I have the Rudy Horus which has bendable nose and ear pieces. Very adjustable, not stylish, but good lenses.

The Livestrong Radar Path cost $190, but you know what Billy Cyrstal says in Fernando's Hideaway.

Cool. I was trying to go to the Olympics in Finns and did a lot of sailing but that's behind me these days. Thought I'd want to get back into it once I had a kid but even then I really don't.

The $260 was for the oakleys with the photochromatic lenses so I was doing apples to apples. I should have been clearer.

To each their own but I will never wear anything Livestrong.

convince me not to buy the Lumix LX5 instead of the S95 (or the S100). i figure since I'm actually replacing an older DSLR with this, the LX5 may be more useful. For ultra pocketability, when I upgrade from the RAZR to the iphone 5 i am sure that will more than meet my internet update photo needs.

Get the S95. Convinced?

Nice collection of purchases, Jim! What's going in the shaker bottle? I really like having absinthe in there for dashing and rinsing. I keep meaning to order the PDT book, which is supposed to be great. I've had some awesome cocktails there, so I believe it.

I like my LX5 - just wish it were smaller.

Following your lead with the shaker bottle Al. Already put absinthe in there. I like that a lot for small amounts so I will probably get another one for Herbsaint. The PDT book is excellent. In addition to some great recipes there is a lot of other interesting information in there about the bar and what they use. Definitely recommended.

Edited by morphsci

Cool. I was trying to go to the Olympics in Finns and did a lot of sailing but that's behind me these days. Thought I'd want to get back into it once I had a kid but even then I really don't.

The $260 was for the oakleys with the photochromatic lenses so I was doing apples to apples. I should have been clearer.

To each their own but I will never wear anything Livestrong.

Ahh, impressive sailing history.

I surprised myself with the Livestrong purchase, great shades but...

If pocketability is not a major concern, have you considered micro 4/3 like GF2 for just a little more?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/740320-REG/Panasonic_GF2KK_Lumix_DMC_GF2_Digital_Micro.html

Russians have beer? The only beer I would call traditionally Russian is the cheapest one you can get and mixed with copious amount of vodka.

Пиво без водки,

как паспорт без фотки!

(Beer without vodka is like passport without a photo.)

I usually use http://www.beverages4lessinc.com/ for Russian River...they run out of things often, but are pretty good at restocking if possible...

like with most places, they ask that you order 6 or 12 bottles...e-mail your order/zip & they'll send you a quote...

Good reminder, thanks. I've dealt with them before, and while expensive, they're pretty good.