What did you do today?

riceboy

Same as lostonetr (yesterday)...

Picked up a Gary Fisher Tassajara with upgraded disc breaks, rode a bit in Queens to get to the trails. Hit up Cunningham Park's mountain biking trails for a few hours in the morning, then grabbed some lunch, then played some softball, then grabbed dinner. Exhausted and ko'd when I got home.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent the entire day in the ER with my daughter, who appeared perfectly happy and contented the whole time despite having an oxygen saturation stubbornly below 90%. Many nebulizers and a half-bucket of steroids later, the wife arrived on emergency recall from Montreal to man the oxygen blower for the overnight shift.

Also learned that the nearest hospital to us sucks balls, which I guess would be valuable information in a direr emergency.

Sorry to hear that but glad to see that she is on the rebound. A pulse ox reading that low is a scary thing. No fever and antibiotics right? They ruled out pneumonia right? I hope the house hold begins to feel better soon.

Thanks guys. She's handling it all well, has already set herself up as Princess of the Paeds ward, but her oxygenation is still not improving with treatment. My own uninformed concern is that she may have a shunt -- there were some concerns about her heart structure in utero, but they thankfully never came to anything after she was born. She was thoroughly checked out at Childrens' back then, but I wonder if her growth since might have made a very minor problem more apparent and I think I'm going to start bleating about getting her down there again.

*ahem* THE FUCKERS. OH THE FUCKING FUCKERS. I am, uh, extremely ADD. In the last 34 years, I've developed a not insubstantial set of ADD survival skills. I file my taxes months in advance. Today, April 15th, I received a call at 4:20PM (heh) from my tax accountant's secretary, who condescendingly informed me that she was giving me "one last chance" to get my signed forms back to her. I said "What!?!" I looked at the packet I got back from them last week and noted that there were in fact two forms that had small marks in black pen where I needed to sign. There was no letter explaining I had to send these back, nor any marks with a highlighter or those cute arrow stickers my insurance company uses on forms. Also, there was no communication from said accountant previous to this afternoon. Yes, I looked at the paperwork when I opened the packet last week, and I probably should have noticed the marks, but honestly paperwork like this makes me go blank unless there's something screamingly obvious on it. Furthermore, I did sign two articles when I was at the accountant's office last month. I had some additional issues this year (mumble "numbers not final" mumble) that necessitated additional signatures, apparently.

So this afternoon, at 4:30, I had to frantically find a place with a fax machine. The postage shop I've favored for years went out of business last summer, and my DVD rental store owning friend no longer has a fax machine. Fortunately, a new postage store has moved in to the old place's location. They're called "Goin' Postal" appropriately enough. Luckily for me, the store was dead and it took less than 10 minutes to fax the documents, get a transmission confirmation and receipt. Disaster averted.

When I get back from Martha's Vineyard next month I am finding a new fucking tax accountant. :indra: