What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems a sad occasion to me. I've followed HeadRoom from it's inception, and can't really imagine it without you. I can only look forward to now having you with us in whatever your new capacity may be. Best of luck Tyll, you are 'The Man'!

Tyll, good luck with your future endeavors. The headphone community owes a debt of gratitude for starting this whole crazy headphone madness.

I remember first seeing you selling the heaphone amplifier at the stereophile show at LAX many, many years ago.

After chickening out on a really long run on Sunday, got out yesterday on a route that I used to do years ago. Start at Eynesham, and pick up the Thames Path. Follow said path to Abingdon, then 3 miles further to home for 19.7 miles total. The Thames Path is a long distance path that starts (or finishes, depending on your point of view) at the Thames Barrier in London and goes all the way to the Source near Cirencester, 185 miles away. Not as the crow flies, or the car drives, because the Thames twists and turns and packs a lot of miles in to a much shorter distance.

The state of the path on my route is either paved near Oxford, or like a skating rink with mud and lake-like puddles. Plus a 20mph wind. So pretty hard work. Which is my excuse for why the wheels came off pretty badly at 17 :horsey:, and I had to phone my wife for rescue. Hydration was really an issue - it took four pints of fluid back home until I was half way topped up.

Bit of a masochist really.

Well yesterday we found out that the wife will have an interview at Arkansas State for a position as head of the biology department. Hmm, could be nice living less than an hour away from Memphis. At a minimum should allow for some additional funds flowing into the family coffers.

Well yesterday we found out that the wife will have an interview at Arkansas State for a position as head of the biology department. Hmm, could be nice living less than an hour away from Memphis. At a minimum should allow for some additional funds flowing into the family coffers.

Nice! Good luck to your wife!

Just found out that the work has me running part of new staff training on the day they were making me take a day off. I don't really care about the day off since I was taking it off because I was getting close to the maximum vacation time. I'm just annoyed that now I have to go find the right people so I can get this resolved, one way or another. Predictably, those people are in meetings for rest of the day. Argh.

Edited by Salt Peanuts