What did you do today?

riceboy

Well, I have a funny story about this "African Palisander". If you Google it, you'll find that no one sells it, and you'll see that many high end game boards use it. So, I called one of the big importer and chatted them about it, and they said that this wood comes from Congo and is also known as "Palisander du Congo". Anyways, according to the person I talked to, it's the same as Wenge. I sent them a few pics as well and they confirmed.

So, that begs the question, what sayeth Dr. Wood about these same pics of "African Palisander"?

AfricanMapleBurl-Cornerf.jpg

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's African Palisander it's more like the Wenge I've seen than E.I. Rosewood.

yeah, that's what I was confused about as well.. anyways, I've probably already tempted the fates enough making a smart ass comment, so I'll go and burn lesser woods in a sacrifice to make amends.

You've obviously not dealt with various DOE offices. Speaking of which, I have to call one this week.

Heh. Being on hold is usually the highlight of the entire conversation for me. (Though I am not sure we are talking about the same DOE).

Department of Education.

I once had a MA DOE office hang up on me after being on hold for close to an hour (I usually put the phone on speaker phone while I get other work done). They've gone through downsizing like most other offices/businesses and that hasn't helped the matter either.

Department of Education.

I once had a MA DOE office hang up on me after being on hold for close to an hour (I usually put the phone on speaker phone while I get other work done). They've gone through downsizing like most other offices/businesses and that hasn't helped the matter either.

My county's HR doesn't usually bother picking up. They also do not clear their messages and their voice mail is full. No replies to email. You have to hunt them down and make a day out of it in my multiple experiences.