What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woke up in Mayberry, sent daughter off to work at the cupcake shop, cleaned up from the construction dust and shifted furniture back, watched some Tour de France and World Cup, had lunch, went to SF with wife, son and 18yo French girl whom I have known since she was 5 or so, dropped dog in SF, checked French girl into her lodgings for the English language immersion program she starts Tuesday, picked up daughter, took short nap back at home in SF, went to dinner at a Japanese restaurant, watched Toy Story, came home, checked HC and made cocktails. Now hoping to hear music and chill but the Doshi seems compromised and the left channel is garbled and faint. Tube? Wait to tomorrow to figure out? Fuck. Better drink.

That's probably a bad tube Al.

As for me, I spent the day soldering in a feeble attempt to try and clear up the mountain of projects I have here. I really need to start building boxes for some of these or they will never get done. After that I closed the day at the bakery and then had some pizza with by brother and watched TV together.

As for me, I spent the day soldering in a feeble attempt to try and clear up the mountain of projects I have here. I really need to start building boxes for some of these or they will never get done. After that I closed the day at the bakery and then had some pizza with by brother and watched TV together.

You have no idea what relief that comment means! The number of things I have that have made it to circuit layout, board manufacture, stuffing then stall when it comes to the boxwork. Apart from finishing stuffing the KGT2 (and thank heavens the Kevin has done the casework design and is supplying to us builders), I too have be de-shelving a dynahi this weekend with the determination to finish the darned thing off. And that is just the start.

Spent a good part of yesterday going in and out of sleep on the couch, plan to do the same today.

This is the first weekend in a long time I get an entire saturday and sunday off. I'm off on monday, but not really.

I'm probably going to work my way through the Klezmatics albums I acquired recently. Very promising stuff for me.

As an aside, the sony receiver and sacd player do the h.a.t.s. thing and it sounds great.

A couple weeks ago I managed to sort out all the parts on my workbench by the project they went to. It made it easier to find things, but also made it painfully obvious I start too many things without finishing them. Some literally just need a few more pieces of hardware to put it all together, but I'm flat broke right now and can't even do that much. :palm:

I use the pink bags from Mouser to sort things by project and there are a lot of those about. :palm: I always buy too much but somehow never have the right parts when another project comes along.

I do this too, it's a frustrating form of "organization". I can't tell you how happy I was to find a lone LM317 the other night when working on the Torpedo, it was the one Mouser part that I'd forgotten to order and it would have been less than fun to waste an order on one of those. :)

I do this too, it's a frustrating form of "organization". I can't tell you how happy I was to find a lone LM317 the other night when working on the Torpedo, it was the one Mouser part that I'd forgotten to order and it would have been less than fun to waste an order on one of those. :)

For this type of stuff I'm fortunate to have two local stores that sell stuff like this but the prices... :(

A couple weeks ago I managed to sort out all the parts on my workbench by the project they went to. It made it easier to find things, but also made it painfully obvious I start too many things without finishing them. Some literally just need a few more pieces of hardware to put it all together, but I'm flat broke right now and can't even do that much. :palm:

I'm in the exact same situation.

Had a long day, which followed a long week, which followed a long month, which followed a long semester. And it's not over yet. Sometimes I wonder what the fuck I'm doing, and by sometimes I mean always.

Happy independence day. I enjoy the irony quite so.

im with you, buddy.

Unfortunately, I believe the condition you fine folks are suffering from is called "adulthood."

Ate at Five Guys Burgers and Fries for the first time - yum! I didn't know we had one until a few days ago.

Made hotel reservations for two nights at the beach for later this week and did some "beach shopping" (cheap sunglasses, flip flops, sunscreen, etc.).

I got the job I applied for last week, 4 months internship starting in September. :dance:

First day at the distillery. Lots to learn, but good.

Nice, good stuff. Is the alcohol vapor getting to your head after many hours working in there?