What did you do today?

riceboy

All I've done today is freeze. It was 32 when I woke up, and it doesn't feel any different now. I don't like this.

Say what? You're in Florida - or am I missing something about the Florida climate?

Was in Copenhagen over the weekend visiting relatives. Minus 5C with a stiff wind straight off the sea, so was -20C with wind chill. Even the little mermaid looked frozen.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I had missed my post too :)

Me too. It turns out your mom was right, drinking is bad for your health. :P

As of *much* earlier tonight I finished my senior fall semester. One left.

Fark. Real world is quickly approaching.

Congrats Bryan.

All I've done today is freeze. It was 32 when I woke up, and it doesn't feel any different now. I don't like this.

The weather is really weird right now. When I passed through Denver yesterday, it was 65. :confused:

attempted to teach myself hertzian dipoles, arrays, waveguides in various mediums, and re-teach myself Fresnel equations/brewster's angle/snell's law... coming up, plane waves, transmission lines (steady state and transients), and some other shit

I'm pretty sure you insulted my mom in there some where.

Don't sass me, boy.

Were you inside the shop? Surely the pavements are under the remit of the local council roads department?

I do know that in bullshit britain, if the council clears an icy pavement, and it subsequently re-ices, people who slip on that ice can sue. One would hope that any sensible judge would throw the case out though.

So, should I sue the grocery store, since I slipped on their property, or would that make me overly litigious?
Don't know enough about what happened to make that call -- you want to give us the back story (or point me to it if I missed it)?

My co-worked slipped and fell and broke his hip. His main concern (and yours should be, too) was secondary injuries. He did end up having one, but it was not what you think -- he had his finger in the door jamb (for stability) and it closed on it.

I wasn't being serious. I see lots of personal injury ads for this kind of thing, though, so it must be big business.

Just saw an ad on TV last night, and thought of you. 'Have you had a personal injury? Don't know where to turn for help? (Picture of slick, mean looking man) We at Geraci, Geraci, and Geraci have several millenia history of experience. We're tough and we're mean. We have good hair. You deserve to be compensated for your injury. We can help. Call 800-kick-ass. Now. Or we'll come and kick your ass.'

No offense intended to our esteemed counsel. But those ads are just great. I see one almost every night on TV. And they can help YOU, Ed Reks! :P

On the topic of something I'm mulled over since the summer, I made the decision that regardless of budget and whether I am given a choice or not, I will most likely not be a public school teacher next year if I can find another career path to begin on. Selfishly, I want a better future for myself.

I can make a great difference in many career fields if that's my goal. There is little future in my field for me. It is sad. I feel for me in particular that my greatest benefit to a student is encouraging students to stay in school by getting then excited about learning. I can't do that very well when I'm not comfortable to the point of constant worry.

Tapatalk

That's a shame Scott and it is a real problem across the country. Can you find any private school options where the pay is better and the jobs are more secure? Good luck whatever you. You are lucky enough to be bright and young so your opportunities should be good.

private schools pay less with less job security...

On the topic of something I'm mulled over since the summer, I made the decision that regardless of budget and whether I am given a choice or not, I will most likely not be a public school teacher next year if I can find another career path to begin on. Selfishly, I want a better future for myself.

Good luck. I've been thinking of similar things, though I'm a SpEd teacher in a school for kids with severe disabilities so my job security is bit better (not pay though since I work at a year-round school and get less time off than if I were in public system). My problem is that I'd need to go back to school/training for any career change and I really can't afford to do that in this economy, especially given my relative job security.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Steve, belated condolences on gramps.

Reks... will I need to buy you a parrot for your shoulder soon? :D Aaaaaarrrrr! Need to get that leg in a sling so you can get well.

We've been having fun here, the kitteh is back in the hospital after an emergency op to put a drain in his head as his infection flared up and he went completely loopy with his head swaying violently as pressure on his nerve caused him involuntary vertigo. Poor li'l guy couldn't stand of even keep his head still. More tests to see if they can figure it all out. Once again, wifey is distraught..

I'm finally home. I'll apparently be in an air splint and boot come Monday, which will make me much more mobile.

Glad you are home. I hope your recovery goes smoothly.

Scott, you are lucky younger young when it's much easier to make these decisions. I'm sure you will come up with a career you can enjoy and provide for your future.