What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took my two year old grandson to a local sporting goods store. We spent a good hour looking at all the gear and equipment. Fondled the lures, stroked the rods, dreamed through showcases of spinning reels, spotting scopes and handguns. Looked longingly at the row of long arms behind the counter. Admired the graphs and downriggers. Picked up our first arrow, sat in a tree stand and ogled the bows.

I may have corrupted him for life!

Come to think of it, I don't know if I've ever even used plain vi rather than vim. I think the closest I've come is when vim gets started up in its compatibility mode and momentarily puzzles me with unexpected behavior.

I believe the only operating system that (might still) ship with vi is FreeBSD. The reason I surmise this to be true? I always know I'm on FreeBSD immediately when the recover functionality and visual mode don't work.

Ah, and here I thought it was a typo.

As did I.

Due to yet another unexpected change in work position/schedule, I was off three days, worked one, and am now off again for the weekend. I like it.

So far today, I finished the laundry I started last week, cooked a real breakfast, went to the supermarket, and am off to the gym. Now if the cat would only clean the house while I was gone.....

I believe the only operating system that (might still) ship with vi is FreeBSD. The reason I surmise this to be true? I always know I'm on FreeBSD immediately when the recover functionality and visual mode don't work.

Arch64 seems to install vi by default instead of vim, and I would assume the 32-bit ArchLinux does too.

Hit three buckets of range balls. None straight. Ordered pizza. Started drinking. Have six four-year-olds coming over for a rainy-day playdate later -- and you don't wanna deal with that shit sober!

I read that as sixty-four-year-olds, instead of six four-year-olds.

You should just keep them in one of these.

41F7Z2ESQSL._SL500_AA250_.jpg