What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stealthy DHL man left sneaky DHL "you were not in" note. And took my DAC away to Perth.

I was in. Grr.

Fucking USPS guy does that to me all the time too. Is it that they dont have the package or that theyre just really lazy? Theyre already walking to the door to put the note there, why dont they just bring the package with them?

Nearly died -- on top of giving myself food poisoning (I think -- by eating way too old mustard on a samich), I inhaled a pill (rather than swallowing it -- I.E. I tried to ingest it through my lungs). 2 minutes of scary coughing in the middle of a parking lot, alone, it came up. Fortunately, the gel cap outer shell hadn't broken yet, because then I would have been inhaling powder, which would have been an order of magnitude more nasty.

All is fine now, but throat is raw. I'm going to be coughing all day.

Nearly died -- on top of giving myself food poisoning (I think -- by eating way too old mustard on a samich), I inhaled a pill (rather than swallowing it -- I.E. I tried to ingest it through my lungs). 2 minutes of scary coughing in the middle of a parking lot, alone, it came up. Fortunately, the gel cap outer shell hadn't broken yet, because then I would have been inhaling powder, which would have been an order of magnitude more nasty.

All is fine now, but throat is raw. I'm going to be coughing all day.

Well coughing all day sucks, but better than the alternative. Glad you're still with us!

Yikes! Glad to hear you're ok, Dusty.

I'm home sick today with a stomach bug. Parent-teacher conference at nursery school last night followed by sickness...coincidence? I think not.

That would be the fastest gestating virus known to man. More likely a bad batch of Chef-Boy-Ardee. ;)

Yikes! Glad to hear you're ok, Dusty.

I'm home sick today with a stomach bug. Parent-teacher conference at nursery school last night followed by sickness...coincidence? I think not.

We call nursery school's petri dishes crayons and blocks.

Worked.

Then met Voltron, VPI, Stretch and Ian for dinner at a little Irish pub in Manchester, NH. By strange coincidence Al and Jeff were in town on the same day so a few of the locals (ish) rallied to show them a decent time. Just got home and have to say: a) Al knows how to travel even with TSA restrictions and B) damn, his JH13s would make JEM proud. They are truly, truly, truly outrageous.

Look, who doesn't need a little glitter in their life? :P It was very cool of Nate, Ian and Stretch to make the trek westward and meet Jeff and me in Manch. It was a good time even though we didn't listen to any gear or really talk about it much at all. Wait, maybe it was good because of that. ;) Thanks again fellas!

I did the hour estimates for the 7 people in my group through the end of the year and found out that I have 560 hours of scheduled work for myself and there are only 520 hours to the end of the year. To add insult to injury that does not include my management load, like doing hour estimates and schedules. I think it's time to find a new job.