What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got up at 6:30, everyone got assembled and we went to soccer, then went to the coffeehouse for pick-me-ups, then to swimming, then home to drop off stuff and pick stuff up, then off to birthday party number one where I followed along at our sons first miniature golf game, then cake and opening of presents, off to birthday party number two, watching kids try to destroy the worlds toughest pi

Went up to the folks' and did some repair on my hardtop...

TJ Unlimited hardtops go for $1,100 - $1,300 used in this neck of the woods.

Finding someone who flopped their Jeep after hitting black ice on the interstate, had the top replaced by insurance and who ultimately wanted the old, cracked one out of their yard cheap was nice.

$250, some fiberglass repair materials and black paint and I'm set for fall and winter! It could still use a little fine tuning, but it looks damn good for now. A day's work saved $1k. Tough to beat.

Baked a loaf of Rosemary Sourdough bread.

My sourdough starter came from my Mother. She started it the year I was born, so it's almost 50 years old, and the tang and flavor is indescribable. Fresh Rosemary from a large pot near the front door, and a sea salt crust.

I wish I could share it with all of you!

...cake....

Congratulations. I hope the cake got shot before it got eaten.

Back in the day, when I shot food a lot, the staff always considered it good form if the stylist made deserts practically (so they could be eaten). If there was cake involved, the hungry sharks would already be schooling up as the film was coming out of the processor.

Sorry to hear that, Dusty. Kind of a crappy day for the cat. :(
I'm a hearty believer in neutering and spaying. And he's being a real trooper about it. He hates being medicated, but I think that has more to do with the way I manhandle him to get him to open his mouth than anything else. Hope all goes well with your run today -- "Rooh! Rooh! Rooh!" (that's me cheering you on from the sidelines).

Yesterday: got up relatively early for me, caffeinated, went to breakfast (Ba Le caramel lemongrass chili chicken -- yum!), drove up to Philadelphia, hung out at Eastern State Penitentiary (pics will be forthcoming) -- got some comments and one hug from a girl who loved my 3 Keyboard-Cat Moon T-shirt (I was practically a celebrity amongst the geek set, but no, did not get laid...yet) -- ate, went to Porcupine Tree/get rained on, drove home. Medicated cat twice amongst that.

Just got an email. I won one of those oscillating tools that does everything in the Woodcraft Pirate Chest Giveaway, which is one of those silly affairs that draw a crowd of geeks (yes, me and a hudred others) to a store in a strip mall to try a sheet metal key in a padlock. And of course buy something they didn't really need while there, which in my case was a $55 dust collector hood. So nobody's key worked for the oscillating gizmo, apparently.

Makes my day. A little certified good luck does wonders.

Yippie!

cleaned up the dinig table which was my workbench for the last week. CAsed up an amplifier and cleaned up after myself including vacuuming the carpet..went to the theater to watch "The INformant"..back now to get some thesis work done.

Good luck. If you do win, we'll all expect a chili meal at CanJam. :D

No luck. We lost. Though the judges didn't give us the nod, we had a large amount of the public come back for seconds and tell us ours was the best, so we felt pretty good. And the whole thing was for charity. People buy bowls for $5 and sample all the chilis. There were 14 cookers this year and it was a good time.