Deals

Dusty Chalk

FREE SHIPPING

Popmarket.com

Rollover or Click to Zoom/Enlarge

1 comments

M. WARD - VINYL BUNDLE

Exclusive bundle of vinyl editions of M. Ward’s universally lauded studio albums, including the brand-new A Wasteland Companion, PLUS acclaimed releases by the GRAMMY®-nominated duo She & Him, M. Ward’s musical collaboration with actress Zooey Deschanel.

Five M. Ward/She & Him vinyl releases for ONE great price!

63 tracks featuring singer-songwriter-guitarist Matt Ward, plus special guests including

Neko Case, Lucinda Williams, Mike Mogis, Jason Lytle, Jim James, and others.

Critically acclaimed, chart-topping albums!

All LPs come with digital download card

Original Price: $94.90 USD

$59.99

ADD TO CART  Pre-Order - Ships on or before May 2, 2012

M. WARD – POST-WAR

The songs on M. Ward’s fifth album unravel their world-weary tales of

life, love, and human kindness with an innate and special grace, helped in part by the very talented

friends who join Ward on this record, such as Neko Case and Mike Mogis, as well as old Monsters

of Folk touring buddy Jim James (My Morning Jacket).

SHE & HIM – VOLUME ONE (180-gram vinyl)

The musical debut from M. Ward and actress Zooey Deschanel. They were brought together by director

Martin Hynes to perform the Richard and Linda Thompson tune “When I Get to the Border” for

his film The Go-Getter. Their match sparked the idea for Volume One. Embracing the warm

sound of early analog recordings, this is more than just a showcase for Zooey’s rich and

endearing voice; it’s a distinctive and endlessly charming album.

M. WARD – HOLD TIME (180-gram vinyl)

Although he’s been compared to everyone from John Fahey to Tom Waits to Howe Gelb, with

Hold Time, it’s clear that M. Ward, with his brilliant guitar playing and innate sense of melody, is

one of those rare and special talents who defy comparison and compartmentalization. His deft

guitar picking, bar room piano, and voice like drizzled honey make him a huge favorite of music

critics and the focus of public praise from such disparate talents as Norah Jones and Oasis’ Noel

Gallagher.

SHE & HIM – VOLUME TWO (180-gram vinyl)

What began as a fascinating, no-strings-attached collaboration on 2008’s Volume One has

evolved into a bona fide touring band, and She & Him are here to stay. Zooey Deschanel and Matt

Ward are a comfortable and complementary musical pair; hearing them again on Volume Two

feels like getting together with two old friends. This time, the harmonies have grown more

angelically layered, the string arrangements more dramatic, and the songwriting even sharper and

more confident.

M. WARD – A WASTELAND COMPANION

Inspired by his increasingly itinerant lifestyle, Ward set forth to create something of a musical

travelogue on his highly anticipated seventh solo album, A Wasteland Companion. Ward’s honey-

soaked vocals, deft finger-picking, innate sense of melody, and beguiling lyrics have already

cemented his reputation as one of America’s true musical treasures, and his latest features

some of the finest songwriting and most striking delivery of his career. A Wasteland

Companion features the talents of Zooey Deschanel, Howe Gelb, Mike Mogis, Steve Shelley, and

more!

LP Track Listings:

M. WARD – POST-WAR

Side A

1. Poison Cup

2. To Go Home

3. Right in the Head

4. Post-War

5. Requiem

6. Chinese Translation

Side B

1. Eyes on the Prize

2. Magic Trick

3. Neptune’s Net

4. Rollercoaster

5. Today’s Undertaking

6. Afterword / Rag

SHE & HIM – VOLUME ONE

Side A

1. Sentimental Heart

2. Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?

3. This Is Not a Test

4. Change Is Hard

5. I Thought I Saw Your Face Today

6. Take It Back

Side B

1. I Was Made for You

2. You Really Got a Hold on Me

3. Black Hole

4. Got Me

5. I Should Have Known Better

6. Sweet Darlin’

M. WARD – HOLD TIME

Side A

1. For Beginners

2. Never Had Nobody Like You (featuring Zooey Deschanel)

3. Jailbird

4. Hold Time

5. Rave On (featuring Zooey Deschanel)

6. To Save Me (featuring Jason Lytle)

7. One Hundred Million Years

Side B

1. Stars of Leo

2. Fisher of Men

3. Oh Lonesome Me (featuring Lucinda Williams)

4. Epistemology

5. Blake’s View

6. Shangri-La

7. Outro

SHE & HIM – VOLUME TWO

Side A

1. Thieves

2. In the Sun

3. Don’t Look Back

4. Ridin’ in My Car

5. Lingering Still

6. Me and You

7. Gonna Get Along Without You Now

Side B

1. Home

2. I’m Gonna Make It Better

3. Sing

4. Over It Over Again

5. Brand New Shoes

6. If You Can’t Sleep

M. WARD – A WASTELAND COMPANION

Side A

1. Clean Slate

2. Primitive Girl

3. Me and My Shadow (featuring Zooey Deschanel)

4. Sweetheart (featuring Zooey Deschanel)

5. I Get Ideas

6. The First Time I Ran Away

Side B

1. A Wasteland Companion

2. Watch the Show  

3. There’s a Key

4. Crawl After You

5. Wild Goose

6. Pure Joy

COMMENTS

Goofus the Dark here is reviewing what is effect a B-stock Apple 27" Cinema Display. He looks like he got lost on his way to the local goth night, but the monitors are $350 shipped. In fact, they're $325 shipped on the 'Bay. It sounds like they're a bit of a crap shoot. Some users are getting dead pixels and/or funky lines, others are getting perfect monitors. Some panels are 60Hz, others are 100Hz. It's possible to overclock the 60Hz versions buy replacing the PCB. Overclocking monitors? Apparently that's a thing now.

I find the whole thing a bit suspect, but I must admit I'm vaguely curious.

Saw the thread about these monitors about a month a ago on overclock.net and I am still a bit suspicious. First of all there are the dead pixels/dust under the screen/etc. and then even if you manage to score a perfect panel I'd still be afraid about the reliability on the long run.

For that money I'd rather go for a 24'' Dell IPS, more reliable and won't need two cards for gaming. Oh yeah- maybe I'm mistaken but some of those units are not equipped with a scaler.

Seagate GoFlex 2TB 7200RPM External Hard Drive

http://www.staples.com/Seagate-GoFlex-Desk-2TB-External-Hard-Drive-USB-30/product-nr_365893

Online 25 off 100 coupon for $1.49 here: http://www.ezcouponshop.com/staples-coupon.php (better navigation than Ejunkie)

Came out to $89 shipped for me - best deal I've seen on external HD since the flood.

Source: slickdeals forums