Aristaeus came and went on HF.. lasted 20 minutes

Luminette

No, it was never listed on the site. I made 10 of them after Meier was able to get Sennheiser to make 25 more pairs of HE90. The design of the amp is similar to the HEV90 and Gilmore's original all-triode amp, using the same tube complement as the HEV90 and a regulated power supply. It was in 2 boxes, separate PSU (not shown). I have some more parts so I'll be making 4 more of them after the BHSE's are shipped.

aristaeus.jpg

Justin, if it's no secret what Burl is that. It's gorgeous!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they're pieces of stabilized maple burl that are cnc milled and then hand sanded and lacquered. please tell me i can send the pieces to you for finishing on the next 4 im going to make.

As long as they're stabilized no problem, otherwise they'll curl up pretty quickly.

I look forward to even such a small role in such an incredible project. :dan:

it can't be as good as anything RSA will build, because it has no bling.

I beg to differ Sir. I'll take organic bling over metalic bling any day of the week!

No, it was never listed on the site. I made 10 of them after Meier was able to get Sennheiser to make 25 more pairs of HE90. The design of the amp is similar to the HEV90 and Gilmore's original all-triode amp, using the same tube complement as the HEV90 and a regulated power supply. It was in 2 boxes, separate PSU (not shown). I have some more parts so I'll be making 4 more of them after the BHSE's are shipped.

aristaeus.jpg

Justin, I think you were once quoted as saying OII will sound better on BHSE than Aristaeus.

But does that mean HE90 (HE60?) will sound better on Aristaeus than BHSE and why? TIA.

These headphones have very different needs when it comes to amplification though I wouldn't group the two Senn HE's together as the HE60 simply adores more power while the HE90 doesn't. Both do take the more "romantic" side of the spectrum so are better suited for audiophiles while the BH and SR-007 aren't. When you get to this level of performance you have to decide which you like better, the rose tinted view or the brutal honesty of a clear window.

And a certain person just stopped by my office and begged me for a

BH, BHSE, aristaeus, and a SACD standard for the weekend show. I was

specifically not invited as it would upset ray. He really thought i was going

to give him that pile of stuff on his "good name" alone. Ray already owns

an aristaeus anyway, and if he wants a BHSE, he can buy one just like

everyone else.

The uninvite was delivered personally. If my office mate was not there, i might

have punched the guy out. Evidently according to my office mate, the guy had

stopped by 3 or 4 times in the last week trying to find me. Skinny tall asian with

bad teeth. Won't say more.

I never had any intentions of going to billy's thing. As far as i know, billy has

nothing to do with this, its not his style.

The amount of stuff asked for would not even fit in my car in one trip anyway.

I do have lots of new stuff, but showing off a $10k preamp in that kind of crowd

would be a serious waste of time as i have no intentions of publishing the schematics

and if justin would decide to build and sell the thing it would be 2 or more years away.

The fight between ray's electrostatic fanboys and mikhail's electrostatic fanboys

should be highly entertaining.

This is nothing but common KG bullshit! First and foremost kevin you and i talk plently enough in pm's for you to post any bullshit like before going to me. this is just another "oh feel bad for me" knowing damn well this place is nothing but a bunch of weak minded suck fucks on your balls. and speaking of everyone that replied in any regards to KG's bullshit in this post...get a fucking opinion of your own and think maybe there is another side and that side might not be wat this person says. how dare you bring any shit about the event on these boards KG, how dare you lower the event to this place...ever notice i dont mention shit about the event on these boards? there is a really good fucking reason for it...keep it off.

i have to host a event yesterday and all i hear about is bullshit on these forums? i told everyone if its not on headfi dont even waste your time to think cause its never going to be worth it.

you have any idea how fucking stupid all of you are? the reason why little Florida got the national and Chicago decided not to do it is because I was not going to stand by while fucking vendors told me they dont want Kevin in or they were not going to come...

yet you go on these forums and say that shit about Chiunifi with you and Ray...holy fuck!

and u all can spell check this for me, you losers seem to get off on doing it anyway.

This is nothing but common KG bullshit! First and foremost kevin you and i talk plently enough in pm's for you to post any bullshit like before going to me. this is just another "oh feel bad for me" knowing damn well this place is nothing but a bunch of weak minded suck fucks on your balls. and speaking of everyone that replied in any regards to KG's bullshit in this post...get a fucking opinion of your own and think maybe there is another side and that side might not be wat this person says. how dare you bring any shit about the event on these boards KG, how dare you lower the event to this place...ever notice i dont mention shit about the event on these boards? there is a really good fucking reason for it...keep it off.

i have to host a event yesterday and all i hear about is bullshit on these forums? i told everyone if its not on headfi dont even waste your time to think cause its never going to be worth it.

you have any idea how fucking stupid all of you are? the reason why little Florida got the national and Chicago decided not to do it is because I was not going to stand by while fucking vendors told me they dont want Kevin in or they were not going to come...

yet you go on these forums and say that shit about Chiunifi with you and Ray...holy fuck!

and u all can spell check this for me, you losers seem to get off on doing it anyway.

63lc4.jpg

I was not going to stand by while fucking vendors told me they dont want Kevin in or they were not going to come...

#1: Who were the vendors that were fucking? Tyll and Justin? Ray and Mikhail? :kitty:

#2: So are you stating that you didn't host CanJam last year because YOU turned it down. That is what you seem to be implying here.

#3: If you are so unhappy with this place, go away. You are just fueling the fire with your posting tirades. It's not worth your time, anyway ::)

Billy i think you reading comprehension is a bit off again.

I said that i thought you had nothing to do with it. If i had thought

otherwise i would have contacted you directly.

The only way to win is not to play.

knuckledragger, thats a great picture.

I think what Billy is specifically referring to is this fabled tall skinny asian kid that allegedly had the time to stop by your place 3.4 times to personally hand you an uninvite. Billy and I have absolutely no idea who you are talking about. The meet was an open invite and if you genuinely wanted to come, there would not have been an issue with that whatsoever. If someone truly did not want you there, we did not know about it, that is for sure. If you wanted to come, and complained to us, I believe Billy would have backed you up and told the person that didn't want you there to f*** off. I know I would have backed you up, or personally I wouldn't have bothered supporting such an event.

Interesting that I haven't seen anyone discuss a certain stat amp that was supposed to be at the after-event... NDA in effect?

There is a bit of discussion on the impressions thread on HF. I didn't read it too closely but it sounded like Ray had pretty tight control over the amp.