Look What I Just Got!

boomana

Some of you may remember me gabbing on about getting an office rig. Well, we're moving into the new building next week and I'll have the space for one finally. I was planning on waiting awhile, but as Mr. Nate Maher, Nugget Audio's kingpin, had this little beauty sitting around with nowhere to go, it's mine now! I think it was originally meant for Mike, but since he's slow to answer those pms, he just plain loses out and now he'll have to wait for the next one :P

106553848.jpg

106553851.jpg

106553853.jpg

Purdy, huh?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn Nate - your builds are ridiculously impressive. The whole execution is simply perfect. Love the clean lines and font on the faceplate. Wiring inside kept to an absolute minimum. The placement of the potentiometer and input selector at the back of the chassis worked out perfectly. I wish my DIY Aleph p1.0 had your TLC :(

Thanks ryan, speaker output debacle aside I'm pretty pleased with how it all came together. I think it represents a culmination of a lot of what I've learned building other projects. And of course, in truth, the entire thing will be getting diassembled and reassembled prior to shipping so that each and every connector can get a dose of loctite. I'm not looking forward to that. :eek:

Nope, no load resistor required. It behaved pretty weirdly until I got it attached to the sigma22 but once it had that load it was happy and so far has worked without a hitch. It's a pretty elaborate way of doing things but once completed is really sweet. Next time I'll have a go at the thermal shut down feature.

And Al, yes I'm really serious. The entire amp was designed to be able to be deconstructed with a minimum of fuss so it won't really be that much work but I'm sick of things falling apart when I ship them so I'm going to go a bit berserk on this one. Some components already use other means of holding them permanently (lock washers, lock nuts etc) so that eliminates a few things too. Also, I'm going to have to do one serious tweak to the R channel which refuses to zero out the dc offset despite using what were supposed to be fully matched components. :palm:

Damn Nate - your builds are ridiculously impressive. The whole execution is simply perfect. Love the clean lines and font on the faceplate. Wiring inside kept to an absolute minimum. The placement of the potentiometer and input selector at the back of the chassis worked out perfectly. I wish my DIY Aleph p1.0 had your TLC :(

Yup. It's gorgeous, and yet another reason why I deserve it and not Mike. I end up with all his gear anyway. Nate is just supporting his process. :)

Wow Nate, it ended up looking pretty sweet. Oh well, like Vicki said, it would have ended up in here headphone and amp graveyard eventually anyway.:) Do me a favor, either you or Vicki can send my refund to Al so he can send me his McCormack DNA-500. All I can say is thank god for the Sonic T-Amp in the office.;)