Canjam 2010.

Duggeh

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You did hurt you back lifting that crap load of maple for me, right? :)

Seriously though, take it easy man!

It's not 100% yet, but it's definitely getting better. Wait 'til you see the pretty Maple I got for you, and some for Fitz too.

• 3 weeks later...

CanJam'10 registration is now open. Therer is a link at HF that should be pretty easy to find. The form doesn't work well for our international brethern right now but it should be good to go for everyone else. Birgir found an easy way around the glitch if you just can't wait to register.

Trudat. It appears there's not an option to just enter first name, so I guess I'll write it in.

I put Duggeh as my first name and Douglas as my second. If upon printing the tags someone puts that down as my full name under another "Duggeh" I'll go straight to the bar. After an hour, I'll have decided to change my name by deed poll.

I will be up there from Wednesday onward. I will be glad to convey you. Since I will have the pick-up there is plenty of room for shovels in the back. Train Route would be Clinton Station (less than half mile from union station) to Rosemont via the Blue Line. Train station about 2 blocks from the hotel.

Edited by morphsci

i'm probably going to take the megabus up, as it's cheaper than gas. it would be a bit of a cab ride from Union Station to O'Hare, would somebody be willing to convey me, or tell me the best train route?

I could swing by and getcha. But I have to warn you of my propensity for mild tardiness. I can also look up the train route tonight. Also, I thought megabus has an O'Hare drop off option? I'll check out all this stuff after the kids go to bed tonight.

Nope, no O'Hare drop off for Megabus. Weird, because I've picked up people who took the Megabus to O'Hare. Maybe only when they originated from the Northwest? In any case, I don't know if the times are set yet, but I plan to head there late AM on Sat. If you plan on a Sat arrival, no problem, I can adjust my time for your arrival. An earlier day than Sat might be tough for me.

Looks like morphsci beat me with the transit info. But that stop to get to O'Hare is only 2 1/2 blocks south and 1 block west from Union Station. You can go to Google maps, go to Chicago, enter 'Union Station', click on 'more' and add transit info. You'll see Union Station and the Clinton Blue Line just southwest of it. It's maybe a 30-40min train ride to O'Hare from there.

Just PM me as the date approaches, if you'd like me to pick you up on Saturday.

I'm looking at either a wednesday to Sunday or Thursday to Monday schedule for CanJam.

It would be cool to hit these if we have time, be nice to have a night out with the folks here

looks like this one is within striking distance of a CTA stop

The Map Room - Reviews - BeerAdvocate

Hopleaf Bar - Reviews - BeerAdvocate

this one looks slightly out of the way but cool none the less

Firkin, The - Reviews - BeerAdvocate

Emooze and I are doing a road trip to CanJam from Boston. If anyone in the new england area wants to come along for the ride let me know, I'm guessing another one or two can fit in with luggage/gear. (I think the ride is about 15 hrs each way)

You sure you want to go through the hassle of driving? I'm sure it'll be a fun road trip but really, it won't save much cash. I'm currently looking at ~$250 round trip all in for flights and I'd rather chill and watch a movie for an hour and a half but that's just me. :)

My current plan, pending spousal approval, is to fly out early/mid-day Friday and back as late as I can Sunday.

I was planning on flying at first (I have certificates I have to use up) but I haven't done a road trip in a while and I wanted to hit up some food places on the way back (stuff I saw on food network/travel channel). Plus I'm planning on making a stop-motion vid of my trip with my Nikon.