What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Dusty ... I concur that the Alamos Malbec is a winner in the cheap wine cat. Must lay in a case.

Mike ... no banquet here, but I am cleaning out the fridge of good ol' plain DFH 60 min before leaving for 3 weeks in the morning. Tough job, but somebody's gotta do it. :D

Hello high end alcohol cognoscenti -- my wife is in New Orleans and just asked me if I wanted her to 'bring back anything specific from New Orleans, but nothing with tits' (her words). I'm thinking there must be some nice booze down there that might be hard to obtain elsewhere. Any suggestions?

maybe get some Sazerac glasses from The Roosevelt?...

Hello high end alcohol cognoscenti -- my wife is in New Orleans and just asked me if I wanted her to 'bring back anything specific from New Orleans, but nothing with tits' (her words). I'm thinking there must be some nice booze down there that might be hard to obtain elsewhere. Any suggestions?

If they have some of THIS you may want to bring a bottle back.

823b021a.jpg

Thomas Creek Orange Blossom Pilsner Squared...

noticed the honey right away...seemed like a thick body...darkest PilsnerI can recall...ok to drink, but have trouble thinking of it as a Pilsner...it's also got an 11% ABV which is a might high for the style...to be fair, I haven't compared this to their normal OBP....too bad the honey didn't help with the tickle in my throat causing me to cough up a storm nearing DLD....ugh...

also, courtesy of Peter, I'm having a really nice Firestone Walker Union Jack IPA....I picked up on the Simcoe hops right away...FW's done a much better job with Simcoe than a lot of other breweries...often times Simcoe'll come across as a meaty flavor that hides everything else...not here...I like this...& I may even like this more than the Double Jack!...

Me? Calypso "Teamonade" mangerine tea and lemonade

Wait, so:

Teamonade

|........\

Lemonade Mangerine Tea

..........|............\

..........Mangerine.....Black Tea

..........|.........\

..........Tangerine..Mandarin Orange

...really? You couldn't think of any more ingredients to mix together?

To its due -- it is fairly complex.

dr. al cohol concoctio ;)

At your service. *bows*

I think this one is much better with Punt e Mes. In fact, I think PeM is much better than Dolin Rouge in general. YMMV.

I specifically did not use Punt y Mes because it is so bitter and I wanted a more standard vermouth flavor and I wanted this to be different from the Carthusian. I think that the Petrucchi would be good in the Greenpoint, and some would like Carpano but I think that might overpower the yellow chartreuse in equal parts.

Edited by Voltron