And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

that's a silly reason to not like going to the opera. next you'll say you don't like going to the opera because of all the fat people in funny costumes.

Well, yeah! Plus all dos doggone subtitles. It's like watchin' a friggin' foreign film, except ya can't go to da 'main menu' and switch languages!

Maybe if dere was an opera dat consisted only of singin' da 'best of' collection of arias. And maybe den ya have Charlize Theron up dere mouthin' the words with some real opera chick, like dat Deborah Voigt, behind da curtain, doin' da actual singin'. Kinda like Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady.

Or maybe I should just go for the overture, then BOOM, out da door. Everyone's wonderin' where I'm at, and I'm outside drinkin' beers.

But den hey, what do I know? I'm just a regular guy.

Edited by jvlgato

Started the day by trying to get reservations for our first class train to Munich tomorrow only to find it is only second class. Oh well, rubbing elbows with the plebes will have to do. :P

Since breakfast we have gone to the Museum of Communism, the Alfons Mucha Museum, and now we are at the Municipal House of Prague. Thanks to Ric, I made my way downstairs to the awesome art nouveau Ameriky Bar and I had a quick Manhattan cocktail to stave off the teenager parent angst that was afflicting me. It was beautiful.

d443412a-b3a4-82e4.jpg

Now, we are having cakes and coffee in the upstairs Kavarna Restaurant. Good stuff, and the best slice of cake Claire has ever had ("traditional Czech honey cake with nuts and almonds").

50bcfc97-c38d-eb09.jpg

3ed1c0d2-deb6-b180.jpg

And now, Alden has a [Czech] crown on his head.

d443412a-b33d-0c2b.jpg

Edited by Voltron

Wow, nice pics Stretch and Al.

We finished our second Bone Marrow Drive today, collected another 57 registrations in ~4 hours. Son Andrew and his friend Jake are just amazing kids, so very proud of both of them. The entire experience is one we'll relish, and we'll surely volunteer at other drives.

I drank quite a few of their brews. We walked up the entire way and only after we had arrived did Karen inform me that there was a bus that went up and down the mountain. The doppelbock is excellent, but really they are all very good as is the food.

5d6868c5-e0aa-ef46.jpg

This picture doesn't provide the full effect of Santa in the off months wearing hot pants lederhosen, a tube top dropped down below the nipples, and a weight lifting hernia belt, but that is how he looked six hours earlier when he walked into the shop we were in. He did adjust his tube top up a bit to chat with the shop keeper, but otherwise he was quite the same vision. Rockin' good times in Munchen!

Been thinking about getting some lederhosen for an authentic looking elf costume but not something that I would wear. In the old days, I could switch from Santa one night to Buddy the Elf the next night if I just wanted to putz around for a while. Won't be able to pull off the elf this year with a real Santa beard, so I'll have to leave that for someone else. along with Miss Claus, Mrs. Claus and my reindeer mascot.

Edited by Wmcmanus

Yes! Lederhosen!

Anne wore a Chinese dress for our wedding rehearsal dinner to honor my heritage. ( She said it was quite an adventure shopping for it!). She looked great, imho. She asked me sarcastically if I'd wear lederhosen and shorts, out of respect for a part of her heritage. I told her that I, um, wouldn't look so great. I just wore a regular suit.

:P

Visited couple more daycares in the area now that my better half won't have the luxury of at-work-daycare. They were both nice but one was completely out of our price range - I'm really starting to hate living in the state/area with the most expensive daycares.

To make me feel better, we took a trip down to a local ice cream/mini-golf/bumper boat/etc. place to eat some unhealthy food for dinner.

Haj, where specifically are you looking? Yes, it's expensive, but I can ask a couple folks from my old workplace (Kronos) for recommendations if they have. May not be anything better than what you've seen, but who knows.....

And by your description of the food/entertainment place, sounds like Kimball's :)

We've been mostly looking at places in/around Chelmsford. We've found couple of places that we like so it's just a matter of figuring out pro/con list for those places, but I still wish they were cheaper.

Yes, it was Kimball's. It was nice to go there for once when it wasn't ridiculously crowded.

Took the day off and did a 28 mile ride on the Prairie Path (W Chicago burbs). On my way back, a lady walking two dogs came from off the path (wooded) with her dogs leading her by 10 feet. She of course couldn't see me (and apparently does not listen as she should have heard me). Glad I still can do a track stand as I stopped just short of the dogs, couldn't get my feet unclipped, but managed to stand and then take off when she pulled the dogs back while saying "Sorry...". The ever popular "Fuck this is going to hurt..." was going thru my mind at the time, just hoping I didn't break a collar bone or something. Good times :rolleyes: