And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Ripped my bathroom apart today. Floor tiles started lifting up for no apparent reason about a month ago. Old tile discontinued, cant find it anywhere, so had to remove countertops, sinks, and cabinets, even a big mirror on the wall which became loose while removing the other stuff under it. Now taking a break from the jackhammer work that was required to remove sections of the old tile that has not lifted. Hands are shaking as I type this. Long night ahead of me and back is killing me already.

Talked to my luthier about strings yesterday. Asked about the Warchal strings, he said he tried the entire line and at the end of it didn't think they were good enough to actually stock them. He showed me the new Peter Infeld "PI" srings ($110 a set) which look very good but pricey to just try on a whim. I also asked him about the Passiones and he said they are bright, even though they are gut strings. Hm...

I like the E string, been using the Gold Label E for several years now without any real want to change. The gold plated stuff is interesting but the plating lasts about a week, then after that it just looks nasty and sounds off. Haven't tried the other strings and didn't ask him about them but if I remember when I go the next time, I will. He has very good prices on strings, similar to the cheapest online prices I can find, so I bought another two sets of Vision Solos.

Prepped baby back ribs in a slow cooker. I've never made ribs in a slow cooker before, but it was rather easy prep so I'm hoping it works out. I'll find out in an hour or two.

I'm quoting myself and I'm sure no else cares, but slow cooker ribs came out well enough - it would definitely do when I want to eat ribs during the winter or when I don't have time or patience to go through the usual process. Now I just need to find myself a better rub recipe.

I'm quoting myself and I'm sure no else cares, but slow cooker ribs came out well enough - it would definitely do when I want to eat ribs during the winter or when I don't have time or patience to go through the usual process. Now I just need to find myself a better rub recipe.

I care :)

My wife does a fair amount of slow cooker stuff, and we generally like the results!