And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Sexy, V. Did you get them to take pix of you? We need those too!

**BRENT**

Absolutely not!

Thanks, guys. I just took it out for six miles. Love the way it rides, and you were all right: I needed to stop being a wimp. These Speedplays are actually easier than the two-sided SPDs I had been using. it took a couple of times to figure out where the cleats were on the bottom of my shoes, and where they needed to align with the pedals, but after that, it was like I'd been using them for years. Sadly, I have a hair appointment in a few minutes, so more riding will have to wait.

Sadly, I have a hair appointment in a few minutes, so more riding will have to wait.

Can't they cut it around your helmet? Cool bike, Vicki. Ride your brains out!

Getting some birthday things together. My dad is 81 this year and we're going to a nice dinner. In between, I'm playing my crac'kelele. Can't stop. Fingers are aching. It doesn't help that there is a Hawaiian radio show on in Seattle from noon to 2 every Saturday. Damn easy to pick up some of these tunes.

Edited by bhjazz

Kill them.

**BRENT**

I'm going to see what they have to say, but if not, yes, that's the plan.

And holy carp was the crankshaft pulley hard to get off. I had to go buy a new 700ft/lb impact wrench to loosen the bolt, and even that took a full minute before it started turning, and then actually getting it off the crankshaft was a whole other level.

142415880.jpg

The wife took the kids down to her parents today for an Easter egg hunt and I was granted a hall pass. So I vacuumed, did laundry, took one of the cars to get inspected, did some grocery shopping and oh yeah, decided that 44 and snow flurries was the perfect weather combination for a 25 mile ride. It's the farthest I've gone by far but I hope to do a two day century at the end of the summer so I figured I'd better start putting a few miles in.

^ Hah. I really like mine, but with my foot issues, I need more support for the longer rides. I'm keeping my Trek as a commuter, and will wear these sandals with the SPD cleats. Perfect for FL.

Nate, that does look like a nice ride. I'm charging my Garmin right now, and watching youtube vids on how the heck to program this thing. Did you get that map from the software? The website? I haven't done anything with mine yet.

Nice ride Nate!

I have been lax this winter about working out (pretty much haven't). I went out a week or so ago to do an 18-22mi ride, and bonked at about 10 miles, to the point where I was wondering if I was going to make it home. Did a bit over 16, and did make it home. I knew there was no one at home or able to come rescue me, so I had to do it myself :palm: Strange that I rode 18 miles just fine in January on a rare nice day. I did another 16 mile ride last week and got tired, but not as bad as the first one. Just really out of shape I guess, and in two months.

Jim: nothing at all wrong with clips and straps. I didn't switch to clipless until last year, but could go back. I'm using eggbeaters (and occasionally a pair of Time ATACs) and will stick with mountain shoes instead of road shoes cuz you can walk in them. My normal pedals w/clips/straps would not fit tennis shoes or whatever, and I have narrow feet. I've used some Avocet M30 touring shoes for years. The biggest thing is that the soles are stiff enough. If you like sandals, the Keens should be great.

Nate, that does look like a nice ride. I'm charging my Garmin right now, and watching youtube vids on how the heck to program this thing. Did you get that map from the software? The website? I haven't done anything with mine yet.

It was a nice ride, but would have been much nicer today with temps in the mid 50's and sun. Oh well, it only took an hour for my feet to thaw. As for the map, I use another program in addition to the Garmin to track rides called Runkeeper. It uses the GPS on the phone which I always have with me anyway. But you can get very similar stuff using Garmin connect. Another option, and one that I use to plan rides, is Mapmyride which is very similar to Runkeeper but has a great web interface to help plan rides. The route that I planned yesterday was pretty convoluted and I never would have thought to weave my wall through all of that to get to 25miles. It was nice to minimize the time on major roads.

Nate, I was looking at iphone apps before I bought the Garmin, and my main concern that since I want to start doing distance rides, the apps would eat up my battery long before I finished. John was using his iphone today and some app I don't remember. I think he said he ate his battery on a long hike he did yesterday.

Although I'm not there yet, to train for this 165-mile thing I'm doing in the Fall, I'm going to need to be putting in some multi-hour rides.

Nate nice ride! Vicki, i hope to be able to ride with you and John on Saturday. I will try to get a couple of rides in this week. I did a few miles at Mount Trashmore this morning. It felt good but I need to put in some more miles during the week.

Vicki, I'm going to pass on the 165 miler. It's way too ambitious in such a short time. The most I've done, I the past, was a couple of metric centuries and they were damn difficult for me. I don't think I could train enough for a 100 miler and 65 miler the next day. I've ran 4 marathons and that was hard enough to train for. What you are doing is way beyond training for a marathon. My focus is going to be on doing some tri's.

Picked up some ground hanger steak, brisket and chuck to mix for burgers. I also got some thick cut bacon to go with the cheddar and guacamole (homemade) to go with the burgers.

Sitting in Coffee District enjoying a ruination after a dfh red and white

Unfortunately a flock of douchebags have settled in, they have said "that's my jam" 12times in 10 minutes while shoving their ibuds into each others ears and humming/singing. Reminds me of Eddie Murphy singing Roxanne only not funny

Edited by jp11801