And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Picked up my Stax rig, that had been sitting in storage for the past year at the in-laws.  When we moved from Toronto to Montreal, it was one of the things I had to leave behind... but now that it looks like we are staying in Montreal permanently, so the Stax will see some use :)

• Like 1

I spent the better part of my free time yesterday and today turning the super-annoying, overcrowded mess that was our coat rack and hat/mitten situation in the mud room from this...

148122149.jpg

into this...

148122150.jpg

I'm not much (if any) of a neat freak but the gloves and hat pile that was always falling onto the floor and the jackets piled on jackets making it impossible to get to the one that you wanted without knocking 4 others down was driving me a little crazy.  So I did what any self-respecting DIYer would do and built something to fix it.   Now everyone has their own hook, along with two spares, and a little bin above their hook to put stuff in.  It is not a work of art or cabinetry but it does get the job done while not being fugly.  And it was fun to make sawdust again.

• Like 1

Nice work, Nate.  Yes, I remember all the winter mud room clutter - you have crafted an elegant solution to the problem.  Down here, we just need to keep the sandals neatly lined up by the door.   :laugh:   Spent holidays up north at daughter's, and her entry way looks like your "before" pic.  

The next phase will be to built a bench under the rack to make it easier to deal with on/off footwear issues and I'm thinking that I'll integrate a little more storage into the seat with drawers or a tilt up top.  I designed the hanger system in Skethup which really helped and I'll need to do the same with the bench to make sure that everything that needs to fit, fits. 

Gene, damn you and your sandals.  It was 6 degrees at the house this morning when I left for work. 

Sitting in a timeshare condo surfing Head-Case while the wife and kids ski here at Steamboat Springs.  I don't get to go up the mountain and snowboard anymore (bad lungs, bad!) but I get to enjoy all the good food and hot springs afterwards...

I'm so tempted to strap on an oxygen tank tomorrow and get in three runs from the gondola on a half-day lift ticket, but the last time I did that I ended up in the ICU for 3 days.  Don't think that's worth the extra $ on lift tickets and rental gear, when I could just live vicariously through others and then drink at the end of the day.  (hmmm, could be drinking now, but the cupboard is bare)

Shit I am miserable at "work".  Our original vision for this business went nowhere, so now we're trying to make it an e-commerce business, rather than one based on in-person customer service.  Which means I get to build an e-commerce site, with no money.  Yipee!  I am really starting to hate PHP and CSS.