And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Congrats Jacob! It looks like I will get back the thousand bucks that an ethically challenged health care provider stole out of my bank account. In addition to having the thousand bucks again, that means I won't have to do all the mean things to that company that I would have otherwise. I will do some mean things to them to anyway. Protect the public and all that.

• Like 1

Applied differential equations, course.  Or they might call it "practical differential equations" now.

Did anyone else call them "diff-e-q's" in college?

I just call them DEs or ODEs when I teach, but it's a chemistry course so we're not too focussed on the math.

If you have an option consider something with sequences and series. Something that deals with convergence and divergence properties. All the MBA kids in the financial management and financial math class had a very hard time with formulas and understanding why things behaved the way they did when math kids were just taking the discrete function and taking the limit of it as the time approached infinity. Diff eq would be helpful as well.

Is the MBA program more about management or finance? With the former I don't think much math is required but any place with a financial emphasis would probably require comfort with ode, some ode and some series.

well, i guess whoever i was talking to had something mixed up, because the class they want me to start out on is a foundations of financial accounting class.  *shrug*

Good, no math in that class just a lot of lying with a straight face practice.  ^-^

Actually the class should provide a valuable foundation to help you when you consider opening your restaurant if that is still one of your long term goals.

Edited by Augsburger