And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I'm starting to run wire for a baseboard heater. Ripped apart an old piece of ducting and found what appears to be a small amount of asbestos paper surrounding it. Protective breathing apparatus on, air filter on, cursing well underway...

Sometimes I wish we'd built a new house instead of signing up for all these renovations.

Anyone want to buy a small quantity of asbestos?

Edited by acidbasement

I'm starting to run wire for a baseboard heater. Ripped apart an old piece of ducting and found what appears to be a small amount of asbestos paper surrounding it. Protective breathing apparatus on, air filter on, cursing well underway...

Sometimes I wish we'd built a new house instead of signing up for all these renovations.

Anyone want to buy a small quantity of asbestos?

Can the asbestos be used to mod Grados?

Today I saw a guy at Panera Bread Skype phoning someone on his 15" Dell laptop. Not so unusual I know, but what WAS unusual was that he was holding the laptop up to his ear and mouth with one arm/ shoulder as if it were a cell phone. I was tempted to take a pic without asking him, but didn't want to risk a fight. He looked really serious about this call, and a little frustrated by the inconvenient size of his 'cell phone'. And some say the Samsung Note is too big ...

Well, I have a Note II, and after a couple months, it just feels "normal."  On FB, there's a pic of me using an iPad (non-mini) as a phone (with a screenshot of a phone call).  That's about as big as I'd want to go.  Well, maybe an 11" MBA.   **BRENT**
Would you have been mad if some random guy took your pic because he thought it looked funny?
  • Like 1

Congrats, Jacob!

I found out that one of my debit/credit cards was deactivated for too many attempts with incorrect PIN number.  This was interesting to me since this card is tied to an account that I haven't used to make a purchase or take cash out in couple of years (i.e., very little cash in account).  For some reason, this fact was lost on the customer service person (even after I repeated explained to her) and that I couldn't have possibly tried to use the card with incorrect PIN number.  In any case, I've cancelled the card and the replacement is on its way.  I'm just glad this didn't happen with my main account.