And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Thanks for all of the nice comments about the Santa stuff, folks. I'd like to think that I don't do it just for the attention, but it would definitely be a hard thing to do (err, "become") if I were a shy person.

It's been nice to have my mom here this week, serving as Mrs. Claus. I remember posting a similar pic of her and I from two years ago when she was here, but I wasn't real bearded at that time, so this one is much nicer one of me. She's now feeling guilty for having lost 30 pounds since then. "Oh, my face isn't as chubby now... sorry!" Too funny, the things she worries about.

VBP9231.jpg

Edited by Wmcmanus

Started on the wrapping today.  

Intermixed with champagne.  

Then breakfast. 

And a few cards.  

And more champagne, which ran out, so I moved on to an Italian red, the name of which escapes me now.  (Once aired, it was quite good, though.)  

Dinner at 8:30 (which happens during the holidays).  

You kind of have a point there, don't you? I should be out in the sleigh somewhere!

I did 14 events today from 10:30am until 12pm, and my mom did half of them with me from 3pm until 9:30pm. Nothing particularly interesting happened other than the guy at the gas station who was looking at us and fishing for his cell phone to take a pic, as he ran over a 5 gallon gas can that the pump attendant had just filled for another customer.

Last year I did 17 events on Christmas Eve, and didn't get home until 3am because of the adults only night cap party that didn't happen this year for some reason. I remember it well. They were mixing 4 bottles of beer with a can of minute maid lemonade concentrate and then adding the same amount of vodka using the minute maid can to measure it. Makes a nice drink. Not sure what they called it, but I could use some now.

Skyped with my mother when she was round my sisters family, so got to wish them all a Merry Christmas and happy new year, including My Ph.D Nephew and his Japanese fiance. 

Parked behind a silver SLS AMG at Blackie's Pasture (as you do) before walking into Tiburon  with Joanne, got to Sam's Just before they closed the kitchen, so managed to have Fish and Chips outside, while admiring San Francisco across the bay. Coffee and Cake before the walk back to the car

(say 5  mile round trip

Spent the evening cooking bacon and yet more bacon in surprising ways. ;)

Happy Christmas Head Case! 

Awesome, Dinny!

The kids woke up just before 7.  They got a lot of cool presents, even though Santa was a bit lighter than in previous years.  Xavier got a football, basketball, and what grahame would call a football, a Rubik's cube, and a pretty baller Nerf gun.  Zoe got some Monster High stuff and Santa brought her 25 "Rainbow Magic" books (4 box sets) and the Kindle App on her phone.  Maybe Dad will have to get her the little Kindle soon, as much as she likes to read.

Zoe saved up some points they get at the aftercare program she's in.  She saved up over 200$ in "Camp Bucks" and bought gifts for the whole family, including my Mom and her husband.  She got them a candle a piece (my mom loves candles), and when she found out Zoe had saved up $$$ she could have spent on herself to buy her a gift, she almost cried :)  Zoe got her brother a book, Xavier got Zoe a stuffed animal through the same program, and they got me a little camera case for my Point n Shoot!

A very cool gift I got from my mom was a framed newspaper article from when my brother and I were in the paper for the dedication of the building my Dad worked at (as superintendent of schools) after he passed away when I was 10.  I've gotta find a good place to hang it amongst the art projects of the recent past.  :)

**BRENT**