And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Thicker cables, more bass, and the math that proves it

yes, will certainly prove the existence of infinite moar bass with moar bigger cables. ;)

Excellent!

The pro-thickass-cables bunch could definitely use an algebraist on their side.

Yesterday I sent out an email to organize a dinner after our weekly seminar...

Today I've discovered that there is no point in giving people RSVP instructions as they will just flat out ignore them and spam your email box instead.

Marc and I spent the day in my shop, cutting out pieces for his complicated, single driver, corner horn speaker project. Multifaceted pieces, with different angles on all sides, curved pieces making up the sides of the horn section, that taper as they curve out. All this without a good cutting diagram, but we got over halfway done, and finished the most difficult pieces.

Long but fun day!

Took my son for guitar lessons, dropped my daughter off at school for their musical tried to set up a nice surprise for the gopher who is building his version of the Maginot line in my back yard and since the wife is working all weekend at the hospital doing a major system install I am spending time stropping my Monzaburo.

A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.

Colin, if the BMW is shipped by truck three days possibly four with bad weather. Question, two or four wheels?

Went to the tax appointment. It looks like we'll be getting decent chunk of money back this year. On top of that, our tax person may be able to get a sizable chunk of money back from last year's filing.

Stop bragging. :). Another year, another check to the US Treasury.

Well, I'm still waiting for my friends, who were supposed to be in town yesterday. Apparently, there was no one sober enough to drive from St. Petersburg, but now they are on their way, but bringing dogs. I wonder how Ivan is going to handle it. I'm half relieved as I had time to really clean my house for the first time in months, but half sad that I'll be going to work tomorrow morning, and girls' weekend is turning into a late dinner and pj party...but with dogs.

Oh, but I did get to watch a great Wings vs. Blackhawks game. I'm looking forward to the playoffs.

Went to the tax appointment. It looks like we'll be getting decent chunk of money back this year. On top of that, our tax person may be able to get a sizable chunk of money back from last year's filing.

Congrat!

Unfortunately, I spent the afternoon doing taxes and found out that I will be writing Uncle Sam a nice big check. The good news is that I don't owe a penalty! :)

i finally received Local Breads (and boy is it cheap now, anyone who is interested in bread baking should get it!), and i've been kneading bread all day. that's fun, but this is the first genuinely hot day, so it has been real work.

That looks good, I'll try it out.

it's a really great book. i wish i had had it a couple years ago, as there is a lot of stuff that i figured out through trial and error that the book describes. the trial and error was fun, but there were some disappointing loaves of bread!

I think I'll be getting one as well. I've been meaning to start trying to make bread at home.

Cleaned off our deck, put out Paddy O'Furniture, and opened our screened/windowed porch! Spring is here!

Also watched the Bruins lose to a now-fun-to-watch Devils team in the final regular season game, and thought of Vicki when I saw the Red Wings beat Chicago. Man, tough time for the Hawks, they could be out of the playoffs after having won it all.....

And congrats Haj on the tax return - since last year's refund wasn't expected, you SHOULD use that as fun money! :)

Had a great weekend with Allison and her family, celebrated her mom's birthday and went out to breakfast this morning with her dad.

Also started running again, six miles in the last two days. Been looking in the mirror and am really not happy with the direction I'm headed in. Allison is trying to get back at it too; she signed up for a 5K in three weeks and is gearing up for that. Both of these things combined have me more motivated.

Pretty much decided that I'm going to pass on that internship my cousin has been trying to get me into. Again, a combination of factors here - 1) I've really no desire or interest to get into sales, even as an intern; 2) a senior consultant in Chicago (who's been serving as my mentor of sorts) told me that while the internship and the company are well-known and respected, he didn't think working for them would help me as a candidate for consulting jobs; 3) it's time for me to work full-time. At this point, working an internship seems like it will just delay the inevitable. I'd honestly rather spend all of my time job hunting with no distractions and start a full-time gig as soon as possible once I graduate. The consulting mentor helped me completely revamp my resume last week and I'm feeling refreshed, so that's a plus.

i haven't met a cat that couldn't take care of itself, i'm sure he'll be fine.

I predicted he'd run away and hide under the bed, but instead, he stood his ground and went in full attack mode, growling, hissing, and puffing up before he launched. Poor little, happy spaniel didn't have a chance. Now, my friends aren't staying with me tonight, which I guess is fine. We had a really nice dinner out, and I'll meet up with them after work tomorrow. I have a clean house to myself, and I'll get some sleep.