And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Great news for Shelly and Beefy, indeed. My mom was doing pretty great after her last, scary hospital stay until Wednesday when she had a minor stroke. Since recovering her wits and with the double vision mostly subsiding, she has felt fine but she spent the last three days in the hospital again. To add to the good news, however, she is going home this afternoon. Her vision is still not completely normal, but we are waiting to see if it is permanent. All in all pretty amazing for a relatively frail and ailing 84-year-old.

Best wishes for you mother, Al.

WDIDT? Renewed a subscription for 1/2 price. Phoned customer services, given full price How Much!, threatened to cancel / said not worth it to me @ full price - said magic words for their script that passed me onto customer retention. Said magic words again. Offered this "One Time Only Special deal - 1/2 price for 1 year" :) result.

Left on line reminder to repeat process in just under a year. Can't recall last time I paid full price for this. Online fora for lots of services list the appropriate magic words, if you know where to look. Why pay more?

Edited by Grahame

Glad for the good news about your mom. Seems like quite a fighter!

My hubby came home today. We are having a bit of disagreements as to what he should be eating (especially since we had different doctors tell us different things) which is frustrating. He is feeling great and I am totally stressed but other than that everything is going well. I am going to cross my fingers that we don't have any more trips back to the hospital in the short term.

Congrats on all the health news, folks. Shelly, it's time to take care of yourself as well.

Me, I got nothing and like it. This is the first weekend in awhile where I didn't have out of town visitors, was out of town myself, or otherwise occupied. It's all been good stuff, but I'm really looking forward to doing lots of nothings and watching hockey.

Make sure and get some rest for yourself Shelly. Beefy, great news. Al, I'm thinking many good thoughts for the MOTDOTU.

Me, not much. It's a nice, boring Saturday here. Work has been interesting as they are reorganizing departments. My job will be changing but nothing drastic. It may be good, it may not, but over my 15 years there I've learned to ride these changes out. Eventually it changes again and comes back to me so I'm pretty calm about it all. Just kicking back and enjoying life.

I've been trying to get over a cold, take care of my 89 year old mom who has been sick for the past week, watched F1 practice from China, bought some records for Record Store Day, and some beer (like I need more). Now listening to the Foo Fighters Medium Rare vinyl waiting for Waltz For Debbie 192/24 to finish downloading.

Al, best wishes to your mom.

Beefy, glad to hear your dad came through the surgery okay.

Shelly, glad to hear your husband is feeling better.

Dinny enjoy vacation. I will not return to Disney until I have grandchildren. I spent way too many brutally hot days there. The little monkey will love it. I wish I was in Orlando this week to have a beer with you.

My daughter interviewed with the new head of the Democratic National Committee for a summer internship in D.C. Keep your fingers crossed for her!