And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Sold the crack amp a while back. After 2 weeks of not hearing anything, the guy says he is not getting any sound out of the left channel. I asked him to take pictures of the amp and he sends me completely out of focus images from a D700. Not sure how but whatever. He said he couldn't find any loose connections. Asked him to ship the amp back to me. Found this...

post-826-0-60989700-1422295770_thumb.jpg

Peter, that sucks, sorry to hear it.

While our car was at the tow yard for 4 days after the big accident in December, somebody went in and stole over $1300 of cameras, hard drives, speakers, jewelry and other stuff from our car.  The accident was a Wednesday, and by that Sunday my other 2 kids drove 4 hours to Kansas to get our stuff, but we didn't know anything was missing for days and weeks until we'd had a chance to go through everything after we got out of the hospital.

Our homeowner's ins deductible used to be $300, but Metlife discontinued that policy after 22 years, and it went to $1000 last April.  So no sense in filing a $1300 claim here, just to get $300 of it back, and piss them off at the same time.  I can't even upgrade my car ins un/under insured portion for the next time, they denied my request - maybe because they fear they're about to get hit really hard I guess.  I dunno anymore...

Not just today, but over the last couple days.....

Had a chat with my mom who said a long-lost cousin was trying to get in touch with me through Facebook.  Hardly get on anymore, but did, and sent a reply.  The woman's name was familiar to me, and I found out she and I worked at the same company for ~4 months in the mid-90's.  Her grandmother and my grandmother were sisters.

So several email exchanges, a family tree on Ancestry.com, and a dropbox download of a recording made in 1977 during the Shiva visit for her grandmother.  In that recording MY grandparents and the only other sibling I regularly saw (and her husband) were talking a lot about stories of the "old days" and the family.  What a treat!  My grandparents both died over 20 years ago, and the other aunt and uncle even before that....

Now we are working on plans to meet up with these long-lost cousins, and enjoying a romp through our family history!

I love this stuff.....

• Like 2