And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Been sick as a dog since Wednesday. Last night I sneezed so hard, I took out a costochondral junction (7th left rib in the process). Not damaged/dislocated enough to require surgical intervention but bad enough to get some heavy happy pills in the ER. Whatever they gave me somehow irritated my insides and caused a gi bleed in the process. Good times.

Good luck Chris.

Edited by crappyjones123

Thanks Gene. It's been a fun morning. Lots of med students from my own school have been coming around to take a look. Even the admitting physician last night didn't believe that I blew out a joint from a sneeze. They thought I got hit with a baseball bat or something but couldn't find any evidence of blunt force trauma. Spoke with the on call psych lady and they finally let me sleep once they realized I wasn't battered. Apparently case like mine only appears once in a blue moon. 

Hit the friggin' jackpot today (so to speak).  Long story short, I finally (after 4+ years) found my JH-13.  

They were in one of the front lower pockets on the pair of cargo pants that I must have been wearing on that infamous night when I got caught in a torrential downpour while driving across Alligator Alley from Ft. Lauderdale to Tampa in September 2010... in my Atom!  There were about 6 inches (no exaggeration) of rain water in the seat wells when I was finally able to find shelter.  I remember going inside a convenience/grocery store bathroom and proceeding to wring out every article of clothing I was wearing only to put them all right back on and drive another couple of hours with chattering teeth only to arrive at the storage place at 2am and of course being locked out of the gate, then going to the Waffle House until 6am when the manager got to work.

Said cargo shorts must have then survived a trip to the laundry mat and got placed on the bottom shelf of a closet inside the rig.  Meanwhile, I gained and have subsequently lost 90 pounds.  I know, seems impossible, but entirely true.  So this morning at 6am, I found myself looking for something with a smaller waist when the 44 shorts fell from my hips to the floor the minute I put them on.  Hmmm, what about these?  40, perfect.  Put them on, went to the airport, went through security, and beep!  "Sir, there is something in your lower right pocket."  "Nope, I don't think so... must just be the buttons..."

Doh!!!  They sound great, and machine washable too, although I wouldn't recommend it.  

Edited by Wmcmanus
  • Like 14