And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

... I injured my wrist wrestling firewood.  It hurts to type, drive (stick shift) most other tasks.   >:(

Well as the nuns at my grammar school used to say, "a wrist injury is God's way of keeping you from doing naughty things at night". 

• Like 2

Staying home sick again with what is looking increasingly like an actual flu (seeing a doctor today). Between this and my kids being sick, I've gone into work once this week. :palm:

Most likely a strep throat, at least according to my doctor. Put me on antibiotics and feeling a better today.

EDIT - Looks like my phone cut off half of what I actually typed.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Horrible, sorry! Yeah, I got the shot in November and got the flu in December. Awful stuff.

For us, just completed the first half of 48 straight hours of kid sleepovers. Just finished the girl one. The boys should arrive in an hour. Help me!

Edited by jvlgato

Took down all the Christmas decorations. A week later than planned but last weekend was lost to trying to buy a house. Photographer is coming on Tuesday to take pictures and first open house is in 8 days. I'm going to miss this house but the new one is going to be great for us

I also took apart and fixed the dryer of our stacked washer/dryer after some jagbag from Sears told me that they didn't lubricate anything but just replace things. I'm pretty happy that I got it all fixed myself though I did drop some parts and have to use some of the old parts. In the end it works great.

• Like 1

I installed French bistro style lights on our back deck when we moved in thinking we would have adults over at night for fondue or some shit every now and then.  Then I remembered we had 5 small kids.  We are tired and nobody comes over for that  :sadcat:

On the plus side, I am loving my new(ish) D800.  Much better low light shots, and I learned how to back button focus in conjunction with the AF-C setting (while disabling the half press shutter focus).  Why in the hell did I not learn to do do this before?  What a difference it makes with kids.

Oh, and I am salivating over that new 20mm 1.8 lens.  That's hot shit, right there.

Edited by roadtonowhere08