And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

We have the poison in tamper proof bait boxes. Is this still dangerous for non-target species? How? I guess a baby possum could probably get in the bait box but there is no way a large cat or possum is getting in there.

I do have one if those Victor Electronic Rat Traps. I suppose I might be able to handle one of those. Is it a bad idea to set traps before going out of town? I assume that dead rodents will probably attract other rodents (which is why I guess you said to check twice a day). Also, will the bait in the traps in the attic attract rats into the attic?

Lots of things eat dead things and if they have died of poisoning then they are also full of poison. If the dead rats cannot be removed by a predator then it is probably OK. I have seen raccoons get into bear-proof containers so there is that.  

The reason I said to check them twice a day is because it tends to be hot in attacks and dead things and hot places are not a match made in heaven.

While the bait is an attractant, the amount is relatively small so I would be surprised if it increased the immigration rate significantly.

• Like 1

Those are actually leftovers which we take each week and form into a dough with some chocolate and rum.  They are then covered in chocolate and coconut shavings. 

The ones directly below the balls are out oat and raisin cookies with the chocolate ones on the left.  These have only Valrhona chocolate in them.  Only the best...  :)  On the right which looks like a hat is a ball of marzipan with some pie dough underneath. 

On the bottom we have Berliner, i.e. jelly donuts and a mixture of macaroon paste with a butter-dough bottom. 

Crikey ... stay away a couple weeks and miss out on world shaking events.  So much happening, but if I have to pick highlights ...

Loved, loved, loved the Mike Sr, Debbie. Shelly, Steve reunion.  Good vibes still in the air from thegreat pic.

Congrats to master CatCoon.  

Birgir's baked goods to Justin could be the start of something.  Charlottesville needs an Icelandic bakery.  Justin, ditch the amp gig, and open w storefront where Bigir does all the work, and you reap the profits.  Logistics ftw.

Spent the day at a nice little stereo shop in the neighborhood that I just realized existed.  There are a lot of nice speakers on the market these days.  Listened to several Raidho speakers with their ribbon tweeter that I thought sounded pretty great and some Devore Fidelity speakers that I thought were ugly but they sounded good.

Also the first time I have heard Auralic DACs.  I should have bought Todd's when he had it up for sale.  The Berkley Reference DAC was pretty great as well.

I have almost convinced myself to dump the Stealth 6s and go with real speakers and amps in the office.

• Like 1

Two fittings is standard at the tailor I plan to go to. I just don't think that it's worth it to go to Hong Kong for three suits and 6 shirts.

If you ever decide, I can likely cover accommodations, if we plan well, as I have lots of reasons to be there.

For suits, I haven't found anyone I like that isn't very expensive. I would want adjustments for life and would be picky on mills, etc. I have some inside connections but haven't pulled the trigger there yet, perhaps next time I am in Asia.