And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I've actually been reasonably happy with comcast this go round. All tv, internet and phone providers have their issues. Where I live, you don't get a lot of options, but honestly, for internet providers, you either go with comcast, verizon, etc or you are stuck with much slower speeds. So whatever, I deal. My internet connection has rocked, so I don't really have any complaints.

Since we switched to triple play with Comcast (at much reduced rate from what we were paying for comcast i-net and TV and AT&T for phone service) I have been much happier with Comcast. Here, my choices are to deal with them, or satan (AT&T), for hs internet. For the most part it has been much more reliable the last couple of years as well.

I'm sick of April, too, but my house is so soaked with water damage that it wouldn't even burn down. :nate:

Blech. I had water in my office twice last year and that was bad enough. In my house would be just awful. Sorry to hear, it Al! :(

I've had my periods of hating AT+T, but this go 'round with U-Verse has been really good. I only use them for HS internet and phone, though, not TV.

I've heard awful things about Comcast, though. Mostly with customer service and weird billing issues. Like sudden increases and weird charges appearing, then no one will answer the phone when you call to ask about it.

Edited by jvlgato

I've got to say Dusty, as a guy who buys a lot of tools (and I do mean a lot), roughly 30% or so of which are refurbs, I've had better luck with refurbs than new in most cases. I think Dan's assesment of why is spot on.

However I will say that buying young Matt's used iPod had a benefit I never considered. I never dreamed he'd have a bigger Cher collection than I. Bonus!!!

Barry Manilow too?

I hate Comcast. I don't think it will ever rain again is South Florida, so that's not an issue with directv. I hate Comcast.

Mike, you forgot to mention that you hate Comcast.

...and they dispose of clutter you would have kept around with the idea that one day you may have tried to play with it...
Yeah, I think I'm going to just keep reminding myself that's the best part, rather than let it be something that bothers me.

Sometimes I just want to whine, though. That was yesterday, today is different -- no whining today.

PS Got my new tires today. Huzzah.

EDIT: I got the Surrounder today. OMG. It's enormous.

We'll see when it rains. It really doesn't handle all that differently on dry pavement.

Didn't check the tread, but I did check and make sure they changed the correct tires. They did. I now have four of the same Kumho Solus kh16 tires. nod.gif

EDIT: I'll see what I can do about pics of the Surrounder this weekend.

i did that last year. didnt go to any of the talks. spent the entire weekend with another grad student playing poker. first night i lost $1700 and he wont $800. second night i made $2300 and he lost $1500. third night we both made ~$2000 each. excellent trip overall :) just before we were about to leave, on a whim, we both put $100 each on black and lost our money but still came out on top. the flight and the stay was paid for so a good time it was.

on the way back we both laughed to ourselves that i had just made the same amount of money in about 20 hours that i normally take a month to make as a grad student.

Heard a bunch of commotion out my back window, like the sound of an animal stuck or something.

I look out to see that my neighbors have hung a live chicken on the fence upside down by its feet.

WTF.

Went to grab my camera but they took it down before I got back.

I assume this is some sort of pre-cooking step / ritual and not some sort of satanic sacrifice.