And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Heard a bunch of commotion out my back window, like the sound of an animal stuck or something.

I look out to see that my neighbors have hung a live chicken on the fence upside down by its feet.

WTF.

Went to grab my camera but they took it down before I got back.

I assume this is some sort of pre-cooking step / ritual and not some sort of satanic sacrifice.

I checked my Betty Crocker and Emeril cookbooks and can tell you there is definitely no recipe that calls for hanging a live chicken upside down on a fence for any amount of time. Your neighbors by chance wouldn't be from Haiti or New Orleans?

Well, I definitely won't be doing any gambling... just not my thing.

Gambling is for people who don't understand mathematics.

I really dislike Comcast for all sorts of reasons, but it is kind of the only game in town in Chicago. AT&T is a pain for internet, and I tried Clear, but I could not get a good enough signal. Maybe Verizon will build a new 4G antenna nearer me that will work better. The biggest issue with Comcast is that their DVRs are just terrible.

Edited by dsavitsk

I really dislike Comcast for all sorts of reasons, but it is kind of the only game in town in Chicago. AT&T is a pain for internet, and I tried Clear, but I could not get a good enough signal. Maybe Verizon will build a new 4G antenna nearer me that will work better. The biggest issue with Comcast is that their DVRs are just terrible.

Doug, do you have ATT Uverse by you? I've had a much better experience with them than I ever did with regular old ATT.

Heard a bunch of commotion out my back window, like the sound of an animal stuck or something.

I look out to see that my neighbors have hung a live chicken on the fence upside down by its feet.

WTF.

Went to grab my camera but they took it down before I got back.

I assume this is some sort of pre-cooking step / ritual and not some sort of satanic sacrifice.

Actually, having grown in a farm myself, it is nothing out of the ordinary. Of course the chicken made a ruckus since it was been killed.... Probably by either strangulation, neck twisting or beheading... The hanging upside down part, is to drain the blood... And wait, killing a chicken is nothing compared to what is involved in killing a pig or a cow...

Nowadays we live so removed from how meat is actually obtained, processed etc, that it may seem "alien" to us... ;)

Hispanic.

Maybe one of the 'interpretive catholic' creations they have?

I'm gonna keep a watch out for more oddities from these folks. This shit just did not look right.

Would you mind asking them if they have a repellant potion for rattlesnakes, black widows and scorpions? I will gladly pay them in chickens or their currency of choice.

a6.jpg

If you see any of these facing your property it is probably time to move.

Doug, do you have ATT Uverse by you?

Nope.* I also regularly see RCN trucks on our street, and there is a billboard a block away, but we can't get that either. We used to have regular AT&T DSL, but it was a little too slow in the end.

* edit: Er, maybe. In keeping with AT&T's standard level of competence, going through the website differently, it might be available.

Edited by dsavitsk

Woke up this a.m. to no 12 volt power in my 3 year old travel trailer. Yep, 110 volt service, but no interior lights ... and in a stroke of genius, the refrigerator is controlled by a 12v panel, the hot water heat likewise and the lp gas sniffer screams like a wild banshee without 12 v power until the battery finally died. So basically nothing worked. Battery one year old and plenty of water. Was able to charge the battery with the truck. Need a new inverter/charger.

Weather was delightful, good long talk with the campground owner who is having his own issues with trying to expand. Came home and my wife's car won't start. I'm really not liking anything involving mechanical or electrical mechanisms at the moment.angry.gif

Dropped my MacBook off of the laptop table when I bumped into it. It split around the bezel on the screen, along with a nice dent, and the screen is cracked in the corner. It appears to be working just fine aside from the fact I can't see anything. FML.

Ouch, that sucks. I might now of a used one for sale if you end up looking for a replacement on the cheap.