Boomana's Big Ride (yup....looking for donations time)

boomana

As some of you know, I have been training for the past couple months to participate in 165-mile cycling event from Miami to Key West on November 16 & 17th. The Smart Ride (this is the 9th annual event) raises money for direct service HIV/AIDs organizations in Florida, and what I like about this charity ride is that the cost of the event is covered by the riders' fees and donations from separate fund raising events, and 100% of the money raised by the riders goes directly to the organizations. Each rider agrees to raise $1250, and in my normal, lame, wait-to-the-last-minute style, I am just now starting to raise funds. A co-worker and fellow rider made the first donation to guilt me into getting me off my azz (it worked). The agencies that will benefit from your donations:

Although the monies are split between the organizations, I am very happy to be riding with the team from the Pride Center in Ft. Lauderdale. Here's my donation page.

https://www.thesmart...edge/pages/253/

I strongly believe in this charity event, have worked hard to get from being able to only ride 30 miles without dying to feeling confident I can do 100 the first day and 65 the second. I'm excited to participate and truly appreciate your support. Any little amount will help!

You guys are great. HC'ers alone have pretty much got me to the goal, but what's even better, since each rider must raise $1250 to be able to ride, you've allowed me to donate the money I'd saved in case I didn't meet my goal to a friend who wasn't going to make it. You also allowed me to leave my co-workers alone for money, and let my two co-workers who are riding hit them up, as they don't have the same good fortune as I do with you. I can't express how appreciative I am.

This is the last big training weekend, and I'm taking it easy (20-30 mile rides) after this. Did 80 miles today with 60 planned tomorrow. It was gorgeous out! I'm getting excited.

• Like 5