Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

(12) 2x8 x 12'

(3) 2x10 x 12'

(16) Simpson LUS28 hangers

(2) Simpson LUS28-3 hangers

(1) box of Simpson 1/4"x3" SDS screws

All to lower and reframe a stupid 8'x10' hallway next to my kitchen, which will pretty much double the footprint of my kitchen. Next week we'll bring the floor level of my existing kitchen up about 7" to match the floor we built today. Then it will be time to rough-in new electrical and plumbing and we can get final measurements before ordering the new cabintes and framing out the pantry and backsplashes. It's coming along remarkably fast... My Dad rocks! ;D

Pics of the new TV!!!!????

I thought I already posted a pic here, although technically it's no longer the new TV anymore. Today Sears came by to swap it out with another one, since it had a dead subpixel (gotta hand it to them for great customer service, they didn't give me any hassle at all about exchanging it over such a small issue, and the girl on the phone even had a cute voice ;D). I'll take some new pics later, I only just got the new one setup a few minutes ago, and want to watch some shit on it first. :P

Stacy and I bought these a couple of Saturdays ago after a nice wine tasting. I finally got around to taking pictures today. Semi-retired life is hell. :P

th_P1010231.jpgth_P1010229.jpgth_P1010228.jpgth_P1010227.jpgth_P1010226.jpg

Last and certainly least, but how could we resist? :P Buying a sixth bottle got us 10% off the total, which was more than this bottle cost.

th_P1010232.jpg

The Kosta Browne was a good score. I liked it a lot when I had it sometime this past summer. Oh damn, it was the 2005, well the 2006 whould be great as well.

20081221-tj3aaabt96pgbjyiu1eh19mx8n.jpg

Old Forester Repeal Whiskey (75th anniversary of prohibition)

Comes with a Glencairn glass for $23...

That's funny, just this morning I was putting away booze from a party (what little was left :o) and was looking at my Old Taylor that was bottled in 1933, the last year of Prohibition in the US. The tax stamp says it was Made in 1916, which was during World War I, although the US wasn't in it yet. It was clearly bottled during Prohibition because the label identifies the bottler as The American Medicinal Spirits Company, and there are labels all over it indicating it is for medicinal use only. A warning says that prohibited uses could cause severe penalties to the company [and dry up the only source of booze available]. There is even a direction to affix a prescription sticker through the opening on the box. My favorite, though, is the slogan: "Unexcelled for Medicinal Use"!

My grandfather kept this bottle in the original box for 60+ years for some reason. I also have his mini liquor bottle collection and many of those are from Prohibition too. There are some that were Navy spirits in little medicine boxes. Good times. :D

Here are a few iMac photos:

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

And here is an Rx label for hooch, awaiting signature by Dr. Feelgood:

800px-Prohibition_prescription_front.jpg

Sorry for the interruption to the consumer consumption thread. Carry on.