Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I actually prefer front mount for the back panels. Makes it easier to see where you are trying to stick things when looking from above.

I like the look that front mounting provides (in this case, at least). The squares add a nice framing element. The only improvement that could be made would be to disguise the screwdriver slot, and this only because it bothers me that they are not all at the same angle, but that's just nitpicking, really.

and this only because it bothers me that they are not all at the same angle, but that's just nitpicking, really.

I actually took the photo before they were properly tightened, so everything is now all lined up. Obsessive compulsive for the win! ;)

But I managed to snap the head off the Toslink module...... it is going to be fun drilling a steel screw out of the plastic housing :(

Panels arrived today, and all my measurements were good. I'm abso-freaking-lutely thrilled with how they turned out! :D

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2676/panelsl.jpg

Great panels! If I may make a suggestion, even if you line up all of the screws I still think flat blade screws detract from the overall greatness. If it were me I'd drop $5 at McMaster Carr and get a box of part #92210A108. You could order another box in black for use with the IEC and I'd just about guarantee that you'll end up using them on other projects too. :)

Edited by n_maher

Thanks for the suggestion :)

I do need to get hold of some longer M4 socket cap screws to attach the rear panel, so a McMaster Carr order might be on the cards......

[EDIT] Aww nuts, the black ones only come in 6-32 and larger :P

[EDIT 2] But I can get black ones in alloy rather than stainless. YAY! :D

Thanks for the suggestion :)

I do need to get hold of some longer M4 socket cap screws to attach the rear panel, so a McMaster Carr order might be on the cards......

[EDIT] Aww nuts, the black ones only come in 6-32 and larger :P

[EDIT 2] But I can get black ones in alloy rather than stainless. YAY! :D

Fastener Express has them in black oxide stainless down to 1-72 thread, as well as metric. Bolt Depot is another place I look, but they don't carry black oxide (that I found).