Post what you're watching

deepak

2 hours ago, jpelg said:

Started "Hacks", which has proved an enjoyable & a light-hearted palate cleanse after "Mare...". Jean Smart is great, again. An easy watch.

Good to hear and a friendly reminder for those who like Smart in either, but haven’t seen her in Watchmen, she’s got a juicy role over there. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I think he's one that you either really like, or really don't. 

I've never been captivated by his stuff, but I  can certainly understand why others would be. It's more to do with genre for me. I like really boring shit.

I don't  have any comments about his personal life, because before your post I hadn't heard anything about it.

Edited by swt61
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, dsavitsk said:

Yeah, I had heard some negatives regarding him (and his thumbprint on the show) before the series started, but went ahead and watched it anyhow. I can't say I've been a big fan of his (watched Dollhouse, but never really watched much of his other stuff). Apparently he isn't involved with the show since the first few episodes.

Interesting. I was an early adoptor of the format. I could carry 5 or so discs with me and have 10 times the volume that my friend had on his Rio mp3 player. I also liked the "mix tape" capabilities.

I had a nice Sony portable MD deck as well as a top end Sony ES home deck.

• Like 3

Same here. Had a couple ATRAC players, both shown in the video. Loved the size, sound, and physicality of it. Strangely rejected someone giving me their MD player about a decade ago. That was a mistake. Still miss my MZ-R70. 

Moved to the 6GB Creative NOMAD Jukebox. Then seemingly downgraded to a shiny 5GB Apple iPod. I've never wanted anything as quickly as I did that 1G iPod. Even switched my operating system to support it. Nothing seemed as... is beautiful the right word?...until the 1G iPhone. But the Sony MDs were no doubt beautiful too. I won't comment on the Nomad. 

Anyway, Sony and portable audio always reminds of the article The Civil War Inside Sony

https://www.wired.com/2003/02/sony-4/ 

Edited by blessingx
  • Like 2

I have to say that even though some of their ideas were overlooked due to other formats, that doesn't mean that they were inferior. 

I had a Sony ES HiFi betamax deck in the 80's. It cost me an astronomical $1,100.00 at the time. But with it's ability to record and play in beta 1 speed and it's jog/shuttle dial, that machine kicked some serious VHS ass! I had a JVC HiFi VHS deck too. I'd rent movies in VHS, because there weren't any betamax movies to be found. But I'd record those movies onto the betamax. I'd  also record music onto betamax tapes, then use it like a real to real to play hours of music at parties. That kept people from screwing with my audio system.

• Like 3