What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it an easy removal ? (vs. my case, waiting too long to get it done- resulting in some extra jawbone cutting needing to be done)

Actually, no, she had the exact same thing happen it seems. I need mine cut out now too. Waiting until I don't have to stand in from of middle school students all day.

ah. sorry to hear that. I think, as long as you can avoid getting a dry socket (post removal) the pain should be fine. Think my face ain't symmetrical anymore, they only cut the jawbone on one side. The other side, seemed like "it was doable with a bit more force" to avoid cutting away the jawbone, and they went with that... Being awake for it all is semi interesting I guess.

ah. sorry to hear that. I think, as long as you can avoid getting a dry socket (post removal) the pain should be fine. Think my face ain't symmetrical anymore, they only cut the jawbone on one side. The other side, seemed like "it was doable with a bit more force" to avoid cutting away the jawbone, and they went with that... Being awake for it all is semi interesting I guess.
I read this without understanding why on earth anyone would pay anyone to do that to them, just squirming, and picturing "Hostel". Not paying attention FTL. :palm:

Spent the entire afternoon trying to get ALSA to work right following a system upgrade to the latest version of ArchLinux and getting rid of many of my old patched together config files. Turns out in ALSA these days you have to mute "IEC958 Optical Raw Playback" to get regular PCM output over SPDIF. :palm:

KDE 4.2.1 is definitely a vast improvement over the earlier versions of KDE4 though (the KDE team has really pulled their act together on this)... now I can finally stop using KDE3. Konqueror is also usable again, so I don't have to keep using FireFox either.

Went to a STOC (Southern Tier Oppertunity Coalition) networking meeting where the brand manager for McIntosh Labs gave a presentation. Supposedly the MC275 and the C22 is being re-released for its 60th anniversary. They are only selling 60 of them per country. Also, theyre making an all-in-one desktop system and selling it for around $7500 (:eek: not sure if I heard it right)

I finished flush mounting the drivers in some speakers I'm making for a nerd friend.

The guy he hired to do it with a CNC machine couldn't hack it, so his second choice (the lowely Dr. Wood) was called in.

marcsspeakers001808x107.jpg

marcsspeakers002808x107.jpg

I think my nerd friend wanted to help, but I'm trying to get as much done as possible before he visits this weekend. I'm sure he'll want to check everything with his slide rule before proceeding, so I'm getting ahead of the game first. taunt.gif

Now I'm just waiting on my new soldering station to arrive so I can do some "sissy woodburning" on the speakers. Hmmm, I'm thinking a big portrait of Devine on the sides.

devine.jpg