What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the parcel locker where we fetch our mail was broken into, and I had a key in my mail slot :( Not really sure what was in the parcel locker, so I'm not sure how pissed I should be. Anyone know who to go to about such a thing? Getting the USPS on the phone is a fail, so I'm hoping that isn't the answer.

I sure hope there wasn't a secret plot to buy me a HD800 that was scheduled to arrive today :)

Looks like the parcel locker where we fetch our mail was broken into, and I had a key in my mail slot :( Not really sure what was in the parcel locker, so I'm not sure how pissed I should be. Anyone know who to go to about such a thing? Getting the USPS on the phone is a fail, so I'm hoping that isn't the answer.

I sure hope there wasn't a secret plot to buy me a HD800 that was scheduled to arrive today :)

No, it was a pair of Darth Beyers.

Sorry to hear this Marc, not sure how you'll ever find out what was taken.

Also, put an offer on a new house :) There is a uber-prime location upstairs for a 2-ch rig that I have 0% chance of commandeering. So, I suppose I need to find out how quickly I can get the kids off to boarding school. Nice thing is, there are 2 other still pretty sweet locations that I'm jockeying for. One of which, is a nice long rectangle shape.. it's completely open on one side, which I'm trying to figure out how to deal with. You can kinda see it from this picture, it's the room in the background:

house%20hunt-%20day%204%20145.jpg

The wall across from the window you see in the background is solid, it doesn't open into the kitchen. I'm thinking the gear will go against that wall.

While Marc does love his grease wrestling with skunks, I'd think that the missing wall would be much more of a problem due to reflections, or lack there of on one side of the room.

To be more clear, he's planning on setting up a 2 channel speaker rig, that is if I get off my butt and the finish his speakers that I started two years ago. I'm moving this project to the head of the line, and it will have some very unique and very awesome attributes. That really goes without saying though, as nothing Marc does is run of the mill.

Nice looking house. With luck I should be moving out of South Florida in about 6 years. I would hope to North Georgia or maybe back to Chattanooga.

Heh. Nice. I hope to be moving out of Chattanooga in about 6 years. I would hope to South Florida so I could just drive over and steal borrow gear from Mike and Alex instead of having it shipped.

**BRENT**

you say that, but I have just the room for you in fact, even if you're not my mother-in-law :)

and I'm not sure what mpwi is getting at, I'm not Asian dude, and the kitchen doesn't open into that room :) Reminds me of a story, but my laptop battery is now dea

:rofl:

Nice looking house. With luck I should be moving out of South Florida in about 6 years. I would hope to North Georgia or maybe back to Chattanooga.

Heh. Nice. I hope to be moving out of Chattanooga in about 6 years. I would hope to South Florida so I could just drive over and steal borrow gear from Mike and Alex instead of having it shipped.

**BRENT**

Just switch houses guys. Problem solved, that'll be $49.99. (each) :D

Went outside to discover that a 5"diameter branch on our magnolia had broken and came within inches of bashing one of our cars. Luckily as it fell it wedged off on a bush of ours and sort of stuck. I then spent an hour out in the snow pulling it down and cutting it up after moving the car out of the way. Yay snow :nate:

But I guess it could have been a lot worse. Now to figure out what to do with the pile of branches and wood.

oh and one more thing happened this week.. I got a promotion :) As deserving as I am of course, I have a feeling it has something to do with inflation before the HP acquisition finally goes through.. seems that a lot of people will get "demoted", due to the stricter requirements, and this is a way to try and even things out. For example, I think currently Director level employees can get away with 1 or 2 managers reporting to them, and under HP the minimum is quite a bit more.

**BRENT**

:eek::o:palm:

oh and one more thing happened this week.. I got a promotion :)

Congratulations!

Congrats Marc! I'm jealous, oh wait: OK, I just gave myself a promotion too. I feel better now. :D Unfortunately mine does not come with a pay raise.

I've just promoted myself to Super Legendary Ultra Mecha Technician of the Universe 9000 Mk2. No pay raise for me either. :-\

Packed everything for the 18-hour flight tomorrow. Inevitably, after being right as rain all day, my daughter threw up dinner and is now feverish and waking up crying every half hour or so. Thanks universe! :palm:

Ugh, poor thing. Hopefully, it's just a quick bug. Unfortunately, when Little Monkey has those symptoms, it tends to be an ear infection. I hope that's not the case here.

Took the grandsons (ages 5 & 3) to an RV show. Horse drawn hay ride around the parking lot. Hot dogs and chili and cookies and ice cream (brilliant idea on day in the 20s). Bonfire & marshmallows. Climbed into and out of travel trailers, fifth wheels and motor homes. Good times and great fun.