What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Switched gyms. After 9 months at Gold's Gym Leading Edge, with their sucktastic hours, I'm now a member of Planet Fitness, which is 24 hours except for weekends. This switch meant that I actually got a proper workout in for the first time in ages. It was refreshing to concentrate on, you know, actually working out and not watching the damn clock.

Be careful with the gun loading. Friend of the family just shot through his hand and killed his 11 year old while cleaning his gun. Bad times :(

That's awful to hear. I am very careful, though I do not really use the setup any longer and the guns mostly just travel with me for work.

Still don't have room for a roommate though. :D

one, the first step to cleaning a gun is unloading it, so i don't even know how that works, and two, "reloading equipment" is for taking empty shell casings and turn them back into live ammo.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups. A good friend of mine growing up, who was well trained in firearms use, assumed a hand gun that he was cleaning was empty and shot the fridge in the kitchen. Thankfully it and a bottle of milk (I shit you not) were the only casualties.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups. A good friend of mine growing up, who was well trained in firearms use, assumed a hand gun that he was cleaning was empty and shot the fridge in the kitchen. Thankfully it and a bottle of milk (I shit you not) were the only casualties.

This is I am sure what happened in this case.

I'd never heard the story but apparently a similar thing happend with my Dad a long time ago and he shot out a window (and doesn't own guns anymore). I am not looking for a gun thrash. Just on my mind.

Where in NYC are you moving to?

Not sure yet, havn't found an apartment yet. There is some significant attraction to living in New Jersey, as the tax calculators I have checked out put that several grand lower each year than NYC, housing is cheaper, and it seems other stuff costs less as well. Also looking at places like Astoria.

Colin's moving in with jeff

Hah!

Be careful with the gun loading. Friend of the family just shot through his hand and killed his 11 year old while cleaning his gun. Bad times :(

Fuuuuuuuuuu, that sucks about as much as anything can suck.

I personally would pick Hoboken and parts of Jersey City long before I would consider Astoria. Hoboken to the City is quicker than Astoria to the City in many cases and the nightlife/atmosphere is dramatically better in my opinion.

By the way, if you work in NYC, you pay New York Income Tax so Jersey is not necessarily going to save you anything on taxes.

More running stuff happening. Did 18 miles yesterday and basically siezed up once I'd finished. Forgot how painful it was when your calves go into spasm. Felt like crap all evening, walking around like a geriatric. But something must be going all right because this evening went out for a short run and ended up doing a very crisp 4 and felt fantastic. First time doing decent milage since a knee op three years ago it's holding out fine touch wood.

It was rainy today so I worked inside on stuff. Installed a fair portion of quater-round or whatever its called.

Went from looking like this unpainted,

4518998840_244c0f4a7f.jpg

to this:

4518988102_e3fbee2684.jpg4518333933_45365d1892.jpg

4518988008_3b6959cf2e.jpg

seemed to meet the approval of buster, which is more than can be said about the saw.

The kitchen will have to wait until I get my fed tax return (like everything else)

Not sure how Im going to handle that little threshold area, so the pieces are a quick fix for that area until I decide what to do.

I'm not known for long bouts of activity, so I'm going to lay down and die for a while tonight.

More running stuff happening. Did 18 miles yesterday and basically siezed up once I'd finished. Forgot how painful it was when your calves go into spasm. Felt like crap all evening, walking around like a geriatric. But something must be going all right because this evening went out for a short run and ended up doing a very crisp 4 and felt fantastic. First time doing decent milage since a knee op three years ago it's holding out fine touch wood.

Glad things turned out alright. Try not to overtrain and injure yourself. I was a bit too enthusiastic in kendo practice yesterday and now both the bottom skins of my halluxes (halluci?) have torn off with lots of red splotchy sore spots on my feet to boot. Now I can't risk jogging the rest of the week for fear of not being able to attend the next practice.

I'm not known for long bouts of activity, so I'm going to lay down and die for a while tonight.

Make sure you come back to life in time for tomorrow.

Be careful with the gun loading. Friend of the family just shot through his hand and killed his 11 year old while cleaning his gun. Bad times.

Ugh. After doing dozens of trade shows and riding a motorcycle I've developed a penchant for triple and quadruple checking everything.

Or maybe I'm just paranoid ... still, measure six times, cut once.

Speaking of measurements, got through a full set of measurements today, and started a shopping list on Stanley Supplies of tools and stuff for DIYing.

Thanks for all the good advice out there on the boards, Nate.

It was rainy today so I worked inside on stuff. Installed a fair portion of quater-round or whatever its called.

Went from looking like this unpainted, seemed to meet the approval of buster, which is more than can be said about the saw.

The kitchen will have to wait until I get my fed tax return (like everything else)

Not sure how Im going to handle that little threshold area, so the pieces are a quick fix for that area until I decide what to do.

It's called baseshoe. Nice job! I'd suggest a custom made Oak transition. Easy enough for any decent carpenter to make, and will look much better. If the other floor is going to change soon though, I'd wait until then.

I met with the Princess of Kansas today. She and the Commonwealth of Virginia are sticking it to some poor bastard they caught selling faulty electronics on the net. They anticipate major fines, and as such she wanted an estimate on a new Parlour Room addition to the Castle.