What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Came over to Mayberry for the weekend and the Fairfax Festival. Hot and sunny and the festival was jammed with sweaty hippies reeking of pot, beer and patchouli oil. Lasted about 45 minutes and buggered off. Now chilling super happily in a breeze with iPad and RIPA on Rye.

Yesterday evening: tore apart the dash in my car to install a new head unit. Went surprsingly well, I guess I've finally gotten to the point where wiring things other than headphone amplifiers is something within my skill set.

Today: woke up with Lily at 7, got started on the clubhouse with grandpa at 9:30, despite somewhat crappy weather we made good progress and should have it 90% done tomorrow. I'll post a few pics tomorrow.

Yesterday we arrived in Queens around noon. Chilled for a few hours and then had birthday party number one for Peter at Nicks pizza. Had some great New York style pizza and an awesome chocolate mousse birthday cake.

Today we woke up and had a nice leisurely breakfast at a local diner. Chilled for a few hours, then headed into Manhattan. First stop, Whole Foods to pick up lunch provisions. Then had a nice picnic lunch outside the cloisters. Then inside for a nice tour. Very Harry Potterish so a big hit with the 6 year old crowd. Next over to Central Park zoo. Actually, got to see the snow leopard, which was very cool. Last, we headed over to Ninja Sushi for Peter's birthday party number two. The food was actually pretty good but not cheap. The highlight of the evening for me was getting a field commission as a Ninja from my son as I blocked one of the attacking Ninjas on our way in. Busy, but very fun day.

Spent pretty much the whole day at the wedding, even though I only played for like 40 minutes total, including the last minute rehearsal right before. It was a friend's wedding, so it's cool. My payment was a whopping $25 iTunes gift card, which is completely useless to me because I refuse to use iTunes (it would be a different matter if I owned an iPod). Dusty, next time I see you, it's yours.

Drove 5 hours to my folks place for my little brother's high school graduation party and the graduation tomorrow. Wasn't too keen on leaving wife and 2 weeks old daughter at home, but the fact my mother-in-law is staying with them gives me some peace of mind. Now I'm trying to get some rest so I can do the 5 hour drive again tomorrow night after the graduation.

Spent many hours moving little stuff from the apartment to the new townhouse. The big stuff moves on Monday via paid movers. The new place will be nice, with the third bedroom becoming the music room. It's not ideal, but it should be workable.

And Debbie's brother-in-law brought us a wonderful housewarming gift - another bottle of the Dark Lord! He is really one hell of a guy.

And Debbie's brother-in-law brought us a wonderful housewarming gift - another bottle of the Dark Lord! He is really one hell of a guy.

Haha awesome man. I'd completely indulge in that one if I were you.

Lmk on the housewarming, I already told the gf about it and she is up for it. :)

:sadcat: What happened?

I was working at the nightclub, taking pictures of a friend's lighting rig. I set my camera down on a table, and it got knocked over, and hit the ground lens-first, breaking the AF mechanism. I've got to mail it and my EF-S 17-85mm to Canon to be fixed. The repair costs will be plenty, of course. spend.gif

Bought a car. Even though we both drive since '74 this is only the third new car we've bought - everything else either a company car or second hand. This was actually my wife's - and we'd gone in to just look at second hand Ford Fiestas with no intention of buying just yet. But because Ford are trying hard to sell new cars at the moment the cost of a new one was only 10% more than a used one with 12,000 miles.

Ten grand later - bosh, new car (lots of negotiability too). Even has bluetooth and USB, plus a really natty voice operated sound system, so totally hands free. Massively impressive, and bewilderingly good value for money.

Architectural River tour in Chicago, in light drizzle, and drifting low cloudbase. Missed the match ( but didn't miss much by all accounts). Mildly delayed flight to The Bay Area. Now back to reality after the CJ Bubble and Vacation/Eating in Chicago. Good Lobster Club at Fox & Obel. Nice Brunch at The Bongo Room. Tasty Tony's Three Chili Chicken at Lao Sze Chuan. Did I miss any interesting discussions :)