What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid clients.

Stupid plaintiff lawyers

pretty much finished my auditing term paper. beyond getting a report binder and proofreading, the rest of the day is just Chinese food and Pawn Stars marathon.

I hated auditing.

Took the red-eye from LA to Boston and made it home about an hour early. I'm so tired it hurts and work should be entertaining tomorrow but it's good to be home.

Welcome home!

Ran RCA line from one end of the living room to the other, finally connecting my d/a converter to the home theater amplifier. Discovered I have no hot water. Couldn't get the pilot light to fire up and stay lit. Called my plumber, who stopped by to look at it. Probably a thermocouple. At least there won't be a charge for today's visit. He'll come back tomorrow to repair or replace.

Kids over for dinner and grand kids watched The Tale of Despereaux after wearing themselves out playing Wii.

OH COME ON!!!1!

He has a very furry butt, and things get...er...stuck there. He won't let me clean him, so shaving's the only way.

Spent the whole day with a close friend, who is also my closet co-worker. Her husband hung himself yesterday, but she didn't find out until this morning as he did it away from home. They have a ten-month old baby. I see a lot of pain at work, but this is just brutal.

Jeez Vicki, that is absolutely horrible. I am so sorry for your friend. I am sure you know what to do to help get it through it.

I haven't been around very much because I have been at the hospital with my mom all day for the last two days. She had surgery on Tuesday, was sent home Wednesday and everything seemed to be ok. However, she was having trouble breathing so after talking to the doctor who did the surgery, I took her to the urgent care on Saturday morning. They found a "spot" on the chest x-ray (which I guess meant fluid in the lungs) and since she was recovering from surgery, they decided to admit her to the hospital. Yesterday they were thinking pneumonia and started her on a milliion antibiotics. Although I wasn't thrilled that she could have pneumonia, she is strong so I figured they would just pump her with the antibiotics, she'd get better and go home. Unfortunately, the new doctor today didn't like that diagnosis since my mom didn't have a fever and wasn't coughing that much. So now they have some new possibility for the fluid in the lungs, one of which is Congestive heart failure which I am *really* hoping she does not have. But until she get an Echo tomorrow and some more tests, we won't know much more. Sigh. Anyway, just thought I would check in and give you an update.

He has a very furry butt, and things get...er...stuck there. He won't let me clean him, so shaving's the only way.

To lighten things up a little - sheep have the same problem. The Australian sheep farmers have a term for Vicky's cat problem - they call the adherent material "dingle berries".

Thinking of sheep, do a Tou Tube search for "Family Guy Sheep Shearing" for perhaps the most twisted take on shearing a sheep out there.

Spent the whole day with a close friend, who is also my closet co-worker. Her husband hung himself yesterday, but she didn't find out until this morning as he did it away from home. They have a ten-month old baby. I see a lot of pain at work, but this is just brutal.

Vicki I am really sorry to hear this, you are a good friend.

Shelly my thoughts are with you and your Mom.