What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same as you minus the biking part. And the working part. I don't really know heh. Submitted my dissertation this semester. Taking 3 classes and teaching 7 so busy. Very busy.

Good to see you posting again.

teaching 7 classes? wtf? does the school even let you teach 7 classes?

Well it wasn't me, but it feels close to home... my girlfriend's best friend was mugged in philly this morning on her way to class. 3 punkass city kids, like 12 or 13 years old, held her down, took everything on her (iPhone, purse, etc.), and then kicked her when she was trying to get up. She said they laughed the entire time.

I'd like to go there and find the fuckers, but unfortunately that's impossible and would accomplish nothing.

I'd like to go there and find the fuckers, but unfortunately that's impossible and would accomplish nothing.

That is truly awful. Like you I'd like to kick nine bells out of people like that. A dose of their own medicine meted out by a rugby front row would make them think twice about pulling a similar stunt.

When my son was at University, he went through a goth phase - which meant that he was a target when out for a few beers. On the way back one night three early 20's guys (who should have known better) stood in his path and blocked it. After Rob - at 6'6" and a rock climber - advised them he'd like to move peacably home, and getting the expected "what are you going to do about is fucker", he said "OK, I'm going to count to three, and then your friends will have to take you to hospital" - One, two (missed out three) and then nutted the guy. Went down like a pack of cards with broken nose. "Anyone next?" says my son as he steps over their fallen comrade. No takers...they headed off at some speed leaving their friend where he lay.

But three brave lads taking on a woman - they deserve no such considerate treatment.

Same as you minus the biking part. And the working part. I don't really know heh. Submitted my dissertation this semester. Taking 3 classes and teaching 7 so busy. Very busy.

Good to see you posting again.

What is the title of your dissertation, if you don't mind?

Bryan sorry to hear about Allison's best friend. That really sucks, wish it was like the movies where it turns out she's a black belt in something and just fucks 'em all up.

Well it wasn't me, but it feels close to home... my girlfriend's best friend was mugged in philly this morning on her way to class. 3 punkass city kids, like 12 or 13 years old, held her down, took everything on her (iPhone, purse, etc.), and then kicked her when she was trying to get up. She said they laughed the entire time.

Wow that really sucks :( Hopefully karma catches up to them.

Today I went to a high-end home theater and audio store that had quite a few nice demo rooms. Apparently I wasn't dressed the part since I was all but ignored by the salesman.

Have to hope the bullies get theirs. Reminds of my two daughters. They're about 5 years apart and the youngest one got pushed down and beat up by an older neighbor boy on the way home from school. My oldest daughter waited for him the next day and gave him a taste of his own medicine. He wouldn't come near either of them for the remainder of grade school.

Sorry to hear about that Bryan. Hopefully one day those cunts will meet their match and get their faces pounded in. The thing with dumbass kids like those is that they think they can do whatever the fuck they want and then when someone gives them what they deserve, they come running to their parents/guardians crying as if they hadn't done anything wrong.

Hitting a man is one thing but hitting a woman is totally different. I wouldn't feel bad if these kids show up in the news tomorrow morning either ass-raped or dead from hanging with the wrong crowd.

Philly is ghettooooooo.

Around a long time ago, I flew into Philli domestic, which was like a regular shopping mall - really nice. I then transferred to International, which in those days was the most depressing building on God's green earth. Steps leading up to it was populated by hookers and dealers. In the hangar-like building there was something called the Oasis Bar. This was a plastic palm tree screwed to the wall, and two nailed down tables with fixed chairs. Beside it was a booze vending machine. I swear.

Then they cancelled my flight - so I had to get back to domestic and catch a flight to Boston, and thence back to the UK.

My first and last experience of Philli International.

Around a long time ago, I flew into Philli domestic, which was like a regular shopping mall - really nice. I then transferred to International, which in those days was the most depressing building on God's green earth. Steps leading up to it was populated by hookers and dealers. In the hangar-like building there was something called the Oasis Bar. This was a plastic palm tree screwed to the wall, and two nailed down tables with fixed chairs. Beside it was a booze vending machine. I swear.

Then they cancelled my flight - so I had to get back to domestic and catch a flight to Boston, and thence back to the UK.

My first and last experience of Philli International.

I like philly airport now. It's really nice. It used to be my preferred way to get home to Barbados when I was at school (that or Miami...)

So far I have spent the morning doing some work and now the last little while trying to figure out how to set up the suspension on my new full suspension mountain bike. The first time I rode it and slammed on the brakes the front shock compressed and nearly ejected me. I'm going to have to get used to this...

Edited by Dreadhead

Completely re-arranged the living room. Everything is back connected and working except for the cablebox/DVR. The damn thing's been stuck on "starting up, one moment please" screen for past hour or so. :palm:

Took out the signal attenuator the cable/FiOS guy used during the initial install and now I have my cable TV back. This makes no sense to me as nothing was changed aside from the location of the TV and it was working just fine with the signal attenuator in place this morning.