What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well just when I start to feel my life is a little boring I have Boomy and knucks to set me back on track, and realize that it's just fine as it is.

Well, I am personally very boring: work, workout, listen to music, read, wander around the neighborhood talking with neighbors, watch some hockey lately, check in here, and try and make a point to go out once a week or so. That's about it. I think the deal is that I need to get more exciting in a good way, and have zero time for all this negative stuff that has nothing to do with me but comes my way because I'm a boring sitting duck.

Congrats Jin! I hope to still catch you on late night drunken chat while at Canjam.

I had a reunion with a lot of old friends Saturday and didn't get another job I interviewed for. Sill struggling with doubts that I should find another career path.

Big congrats, jin!

Congrats Jin! When are you leaving?

Congrats numbs!

Congrats, Jin!

Congrats Jin, but also nooooooo!!! I shall indeed have to arrange a trip up there, or at least try.

Thanks guys! I'll probably be up there June 5/6 to whenever. Just realized that my scholarship was less then what I anticipated so I might only go for 1 session. :P

Just to confirm I'm both an idiot and extremely lucky, I had to go to McDonalds' today to meet with the manager regarding a patient employed there, and apparently while hanging out at the counter and talking with him, I set both my personal iphone and work phone down (there were a lot of people at the counter since it was noon), and then left and drove home for lunch without them. A nice worker rescued them, but had no idea to who they belonged. When I realized it about an hour laterand drove back, there they were. Egad. This time, I was able to give her a reward, and all I had on me was a $50, but it turns out it was her birthday, so what the heck. Fifty bucks to not have to explain to my boss I lost the phone or deal with cancelling my number and setting it up again is worth it. I really have to stop this losing phones stuff.

Wow. You have the strangest phone luck of anyone I know, Boomy.

Today I have been trying to get done all the things I didn't do yesterday (which I used to recover from Sunday.) I scheduled a cleaning for my oil burner, left two messages with the contractor who's supposed to start work on my house (again) in June, and answered what felt like 1700 emails. I also negotiated a small venture with another photographer and TALKED MYSELF OUT OF BUYING MAGNEPAN 1.6QRs. TWICE. GAH.

Found out that my umbrella was the only casualty of the move, though it got me to work dry enough this morning. Just got trashed coming home though, ended up tossing it, buying another cheap umbrella which also broke within 2 blocks of the store, so returned it and just ran the rest of the way home. Got utterly soaked, umbrella shopping online now.

Found out that my umbrella was the only casualty of the move, though it got me to work dry enough this morning. Just got trashed coming home though, ended up tossing it, buying another cheap umbrella which also broke within 2 blocks of the store, so returned it and just ran the rest of the way home. Got utterly soaked, umbrella shopping online now.

I was going to meet Colin after work but due to my own personal rain problem, didnt get a chance to. We'll get roofies-- uhh I mean drinks next time!

Wow. You have the strangest phone luck of anyone I know, Boomy.

Yah, but complete strangers turning in my iphone, as well as a blackjack, twice in a month is about a much as I want to test that luck. Guys can wear them on your pants, but I gotta figure out a way to carry them around without actually carrying them around in my hands, and that big black hole that's called a purse is no help.

Vicki could you bring your R10 to CJ and set them down on the table in my room? :)

Sure. Since I sold them, it wouldn't bother me at all if they got lost.

Colin, this umbrella should attract attention:

KIDfrogumb.jpg

naaman, your first link worked fine and looked damn scary to me.

I think somehow the photobucket link was embedded in the first. The youtube one is HD so looks a bit better at full screen.

It's a pretty cool when the missile goes off the rail, we fly with our doors off and you can feel the heat of the motor as it leaves. Good thing we wear nomex.

really this is what i've been doing the last 4 or 5 days, but i somehow have a new girlfriend.

probably won't be around as much for a bit and suspect to become a great deal poorer than I already am. worth it though.

Congrats on the S.O. Aura :)

Me: Flew from San Francisco to San Diego to see my in-laws. Listened to the Pico Slim with my ER4-S and the Creative Zen as a source. I love that system. Sounds fucking awesome (to me).

Edited by Dreadhead