What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Claire's job situation, thanks for the kind remarks. She is really bummed out and doesn't know how many times the ground will shift before Fall. There is only one open teaching job in her field open in the whole Bay Area. And Shelly, she is a Ph.D. and was formerly a professor, but she teaches high school now and prefers it. I do hope something works out because this is getting depressing.

Best of luck to Claire. The teaching field is on shaky ground almost everywhere it seems. :(

Came back across from Maine to New Hampshire last night. Took the Atom up to the summit of Mt. Washington today. Great views up there, somewhat similar to some of the 14ers in Colorado, but then again, not really.

You've got to post some pictures of this stuff old bean.

In my quest to see as many ancient rock stars as I can before they all die off, the wife and I went to see Rod Stewart last night in Birmingham UK. Absolutely excellent show, especially considering he's 65, and has a 4 year old son. All possible ages were there, from teens to the elderly in wheelchairs. A lady who looked to be in her early '80s and flanked by two middle aged daughers was boogying with the best. Baking hot - it got up to 30C in the UK yesterday.

So in the last 18 months, me (plus either wife, daugher or son) have seen Leonard Cohen (73, and fantastic), Bob Dylan (69, and difficult to know what he singing), Jean Michel Jarre (60, superb), Deep Purple (amazing - 34 years since I last saw them!), Eric Clapton (65 and showing it) and Steve Winwood (62 and in good shape), and now Rod Stewart. Regret never seeing Queen, Stones or Jimi Hendrix, but Neil Young has to be a must when he next tours.

Went to hospital early in the morning and spent 5 hours there for what turned out to be a false alarm. Got to work late to find way too many things that needed my attention. 4 hours later, I think I've finally caught up and can start doing some of the actual work I was planning on doing today.