• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Turns out the damage was a bit more severe than a bad cable. They could still be repaired for less than the cost of a new pair, but not enough less that it seemed worth it. So new Etys are on the way.

That's because you're supposed to put them in your ears!

Yep, ordered one and it will be here Saturday.

Posted Images

Tee hee hee, but sadly my offer was not accepted and the listing got one bid in the waning minutes. It's ok, I think I've found the motivation to get the Thorens out of storage and see if it still works.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, jpelg said:

AKG N90Q headphones at a substantial discount:

N90Q | Reference class auto-calibrating noise cancelling headphones (harmanaudio.com)

I think Tyll reviewed these well at some point, iirc. Always seemed interesting.

Seriously tempting... Hilarious that they're still selling refurb pairs for north of $1k.

Have watched a few videos (including a rambling Quincy Jones one and another preoccupied that it didn’t have a USB-C port when developed in 2015) and its seems like it’s hit this price point before. Not surprising the reviews at $1500 and $300 are different. Some are more critical of the analog input than Tyll (though he also addresses). Seems you may need to limit output settings to it (saw a AKG response to a OS X question recommending 16/44.1 at one point). Still so tempting. 

Edited by blessingx

Very interesting looking, tempting since I've always enjoyed when AKG gets a bit unconventional, but my decision is made easy because I need to save a lot of money up for some dental work. :palm: