Need some help please

guzziguy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drama queen....er...king.
I don't know about you, but I usually associate a drama queen with someone who tries to artificially raise the perception of the drama in one's own life rather than in someone else's.

And: broken ribs ain't nuthin' to sneeze at, missy. You could leak marrow and develop all sorts of problems...

Here's the scoop. I went down off a dirt road at about 45 mph. I could tell right away that I had broken ribs. I'm getting way to much experience in this. The nearest hospital to where I crashed was 45 miles away in Pahrump, NV. I didn't want to go there. The next morning, someone with a truck drove 5 hours from Desert Hot Springs (near Palm Springs) to pick me up. On the way, one of the fellows in our group seized his engine so he picked him up first. Then we drove the 5 hours back to Desert Hot Springs.

I was feeling pretty good (people were throwing percecet at me) so I attended Big Frank's birthday bash. That was the main point of the trip. I had a good time at the part and did not drink any alcohol. The next morning someone drove a pickup from Santa Barbara to Desert Hot Spring. We load the seized bike on it and all the unused equipment. I loaned my bike to the fellow whose bike had siezed. We left DHS about 12:30 and got to SB around 5. This included a 30 minute lunch stop.

Once in SB, Stacy and Tom (the fellow who drove the truck) moved my stuff from the truck directly to the garage. The it was directly off to Cottage Hospital for me. After some xrays and CT scans, they decided that I had broke ribs 1-9 on the right side and ribs 1-2 on the left. They also decided that I have a hemothorax and that a chest team would be necessary. It was very difficult to put in across the broken ribs and the surgeon used the f-word at least 3 times. Even being greatly anesthesized, it hurt like hell. Lastly I was taken up and had an epidural catheter put in so that my ribs could be directly soaked with wonderful opiates.

They pulled the chest tube yesterday and removed the epidural catheter today. Finally, they let me go. I'm sitting (mostly comfortably) at home. Al long as I keep up with the painkillers (Norco in this case) I feel fine. I'll probably post less but will keep you posted as I progress.

Thanks one last time for the help. This is a great forum.